Trusted Contributor

Re: Denim and Company - no more Carolyn, drastically higher prices

I am so sad about Carolyn being gone.  She was my absolute favorite host.  She presented every product with detailed information and with a pleasant demeanor.  She was never frantic, and worked WITH the product ambassadors instead of running over them like many of the other current hosts.  I never felt exhausted after her presentations like I do with some other hosts.

I wish Carolyn all the best❣  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I like Gary and Mary together a lot and he seems to.like her too.  Won't watch Julia under any circumstances.

I don't believe Carolyn was " let go".  I think she and others eligible were offered retirement incentives and she chose to take it.  That's SOP with corporations that must reduce the workforce.

Carolyn and dh have been dying to use their new motorhome so be happy for her.  I believe retirement was on her radar, it just came a little sooner than expected.

@Kachina624 

Exactly!  For all we know, Carolyn got a sweeter deal taking the retirement option offered to her now rather than waiting for whatever date she was planning to retire anyway.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1    I think the offer came very suddenly yesterday after her show.  I'm sure she's still in a state of shock trying to adjust to the idea.  In six months, shell look back and wonder why she even cared.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Redsoxmom1 wrote:

Totally agree.  Julia is hosting next Tues.  I will skip it.  Haven't bought any D and C in awhile.  No rhyme or reason to firing Caorlyn of all hosts.  Could list 10 I would let go before her.  LOL.

Poor Gary...two hour show no less.😩 Hmmm, if I were in his shoes I think I would definitely call in sick.  

I like Gary, and loved Carolyn and Gary together. I cannot watch Julia, ever. She's too pushy. They should've paired Gary with Mary Beth, Sandra, or Ali, not Julia.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

D&C prices are outrageous anyway. I buy a lot at Boscov's. Great prices AND quality.

OMG - I love Boscov's. Do you live in New York? We have one in CT, and I can spend hours there. Two floors of goodies!! 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Or Jayne Brown. Gary has had good connection with her when they've presented together. I am not excited about Tuesday's replacement host. Sunday morning, Pat is listed as the D&Co host. I might tune in to see how Pat and Gary do together. But, on Tuesday, not so much. 

Well, I've been trying to cut back on my easy pays. Looks like QVC made that decision for me.

Edited to add: While Denim&Co prices have gone up, they're still slightly better priced than Kim, Susan, Isaac or even CCB. And I won't touch LOGO. I cringe when I see most of their stuff. But, I think it's time I took a break, and today's clown show from corporate is a good reason to pay off my easy pays and take a break.

Super Contributor

Oh man that sucks! I loved watching the D and C shows with Carolyn! That sucks!
Contributor

I don't believe Carolyn was offered a retirement package. If she was leaving on her own terms she would have told her viewers and would have mentioned her last on air date. She was laid off. QVC mentioned the laid off employees would receive severance pay and be able to have medical insurance at employee cost. Nothing was mentioned about any employees retiring.
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a lay off to me.  I never watch HSN, so I don't know if any hosts were laid off too. I won't miss Dan so much as I will with Carolyn.  She at least made D & Co watchable.   I don't like that Julia very much.  Maybe I'll get used to her, but right now.....*shakes head*

Respected Contributor

@Blueridge Liz :  That is the question I've been wondering.