Respected Contributor

Re: Denim and Company - no more Carolyn, drastically higher prices

@sugar plum wrote:
Carolyn was the only host I could watch without having a heart attack. I will miss her presentations and her good naturedness.

Same. 

Honored Contributor

I like Gary and Mary together a lot and he seems to.like her too.  Won't watch Julia under any circumstances.

I don't believe Carolyn was " let go".  I think she and others eligible were offered retirement incentives and she chose to take it.  That's SOP with corporations that must reduce the workforce.

Carolyn and dh have been dying to use their new motorhome so be happy for her.  I believe retirement was on her radar, it just came a little sooner than expected.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Julia is growing on me

wonder if they will try to have another host be the face of the brand,  IMO they should not, 

Esteemed Contributor

Nutsy is not the only one at QVC that is nuts. Carolyn was a great host

and I will miss her!

Contributor

Carolyn is one of the best hosts to ever work on the Q.  She has a wonderful speaking voice and was so wonderful explaining the items she was selling. She was knowledgeable regarding gardening or any item that she was selling. I have purchased hundreds if not thousands of items from the Q over the years.  I worked and am not someone that likes shopping so QVC was always my go to place.  I have been a member since day one. I started shopping at CVN .  QVC has changed so much in the last few years.  I have to be honest the newer hosts do not keep my interest.  They can not compare to Carolyn. Carolyn kept me watching and buying.  She was so informative when presenting a product I knew what I was buying.  I wish Carolyn the very best. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of my primary reasons for watching QVC is the Denim & Co clothing line and Carolyn's presentations.  Her gardening shows are so enjoyable and I've learned a lot from her.  Very disappointed to hear she is leaving along with Dan Hughes.  I will miss him especially during the Christmas shows.

I'll probably record D&Co shows and fast forward through them just stopping if something catches my eye.

Respected Contributor

Carolyn was a great host - warm, personable and kind.

She was genuinely sweet to everyone and her love of animals endeared her to many of us.

After reading her posting on one of the other lines, it does not appear she is leaving on her own accord. She could have said something like she has decided to move on to a new adventure. "I am no longer with QVC" sounds as though she was let go. I hope she did get a severance package, but...

My heart goes out to all of those who lost their jobs. I hope they find something they are happy with.

Honored Contributor

@Wobin 

I will also miss Dan during holiday presentations.  

Another incentive not to watch.

Respected Contributor

@Redsoxmom1 wrote:

Totally agree.  Julia is hosting next Tues.  I will skip it.  Haven't bought any D and C in awhile.  No rhyme or reason to firing Caorlyn of all hosts.  Could list 10 I would let go before her.  LOL.

Poor Gary...two hour show no less.😩 Hmmm, if I were in his shoes I think I would definitely call in sick.  

Super Contributor

D&C prices are outrageous anyway. I buy a lot at Boscov's. Great prices AND quality.