Valued Contributor

Denim and Company - no more Carolyn, drastically higher prices

for a QVC "store" brand, means no more D&C for me!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Denim and Company - no more Carolyn, drastically higher prices

[ Edited ]

I can't believe they let Carolyn go and kept a few yoyo's. WHOEVER IS RUNNING THIS CIRCUS NEEDS TO BE FIRED QUICKLY

Trusted Contributor

I haven't purchased anything from QVC in awhile. I get better prices and quality elsewhere. QVC needs to change their name since they no longer are Quality or Value.

Frequent Contributor

Totally agree.  Julia is hosting next Tues.  I will skip it.  Haven't bought any D and C in awhile.  No rhyme or reason to firing Caorlyn of all hosts.  Could list 10 I would let go before her.  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@Redsoxmom1 wrote:

Totally agree.  Julia is hosting next Tues.  I will skip it.  Haven't bought any D and C in awhile.  No rhyme or reason to firing Caorlyn of all hosts.  Could list 10 I would let go before her.  LOL.

Good grief! Now I know I won't watch it! I can't and won't watch her. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Carolyn was the only host I could watch without having a heart attack. I will miss her presentations and her good naturedness.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carolyn was a great salesperson.  Always explained every item of clothing very well.  And a likeable person.  I always thought of her as an “anchor,” along with a few others.  You 

could count on her professional behavior.

I always was fond of Dan, as well.  Very pleasant host who could be counted on to explain products and conduct himself like a professional.

So these two get laid off?  Some of the Q hosts leave much to be desired.  And over and over, hosts who were big assets were let go.  It is very sad, and it reflects a judgement that does not bode well.  My opinion.

Contributor

Why was JT not laid off? She is also over 60. I have been watching QVC for 20 years so have seen it all. No one in all those years irritated me more than JT. I just can't watch her. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Calcgirl wrote:

I can't believe they let Carolyn go and kept a few yoyo's. WHOEVER IS RUNNING THIS CIRCUS NEEDS TO BE FIRED QUICKLY

Omg, you're kidding me. I realize she's older, but so is a LOT of QVC's shopping demo. 

She's one of the few I can listen to...professional, good voice, a little joking around but gets all the appropriate info out. Liked her on D&C, Gardening and really anything she presented.

Ugh. I haven't read this thread yet...I don't know who else got the ax, but seems like ageism may be an issue. Though, it may have been an early retirement incentive package too...I hope so for her sake. And Dan's. Another one easy to watch, experienced professional. The old guard has the newbies beat all day long and twice on Sundays. Can't stand to watch almost anyone anymore, so I don't...no matter what product is on. I can go online if I'm that interested. But I still enjoy watching those I liked doing a good presentation of product. Never watch Sandra on the garden shows, but enjoyed Carolyn doing them.

It truly HAS turned into a circus. I won't say more as this will be poofed.

Respected Contributor

@Redsoxmom1 wrote:

💯 at least. Not Carolyn. Why?!! What basis?? Terrible.