Honored Contributor

@dperry wrote:

The style is beach wear. Check out Lily Pulizer .com. They. have a similar style for $128 in neon pink and neon cobalt blue. I doubt they come in all the Q's sizes. 

If you don't hang at the beach these pants might not work for you, but if you do. They are a bargain.

I wouldn't pay that but those pants are also 100% rayon which makes all the difference in the world.  That's one of the types of material I think a beach pant should be.  Those pants also don't have cargo pockets.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim and Company TSV

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

I think the pants do not look good on the models. Plus I am not crazy about cargos.

I'm not a fan of cargo pants either. 

I live in a beach town and wide leg pants are always popular but they are usually in gauze.  They are easy to pull over swimsuits to run into stores or restaurants.

Exactly.  I totally get the idea of these. Who wants a tight or slim fitting beach pant.  But the material makes all the difference in the world as do those pockets.

Here is a pair from Colleen Lopez that I think would be an adorable beach pant. 

Colleen Lopez Sunny Coast Lace Pant

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

They look terrible on Leah.

I think they would look better if Leah wasn't wearing that big, oversized top.  She has big and flowy over big and flowy and it's making her just look big. 

Respected Contributor

I considered getting the prints. I'm a bit obsessed with camo and decided I already have enough. I thought Jane looked great in the camo. Leah is a big girl it's not like anything she wears hides it. So to say the pants make her look huge isn't really accurate. I prefer the look of flat shoes with these they aren't a dressy pant and trying to dress them up is silly. I don't think they make any of the ladies look bigger than what they are. If you like them try them at least you don't pay shipping to try them and if they work. As far as D&C clothes go they are for regular women obviously not fashionistas which is fine not everyone is walking a runway at all times. We dress for ourselves and other women and I personally wear what I like not what everyone else likes. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Denim and Company TSV

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

They look terrible on Leah.

I think they would look better if Leah wasn't wearing that big, oversized top.  She has big and flowy over big and flowy and it's making her just look big. 

Absolutely right. It's all about proportion. If you're going to wear wide leg pants, the top has to be more form-fitting (closer to the body) or else you will look like a tent.

You're also correct about the material. IMO wide leg pants look better in a lighter, more flowy material like gauze or rayon, so that it drapes and floats around the leg instead of standing straight out. These pants look so thick and stiff, they look like they can stand on the floor on their own.

ETA: Iman has shown a nice palazzo (wide leg) pant that is in a flowy material. The prints were nice as I recall.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I like the wide leg.  Seems like they would be cooler in the heat.  Don't know what you were watching but i thought Jayne and the models looked fine.  Just ordered a second pair.

@traveler I agree.  I thought that Jayne looked cute and pulled together.  I also ordered two and will see how they look on me.  I hope they work since they look so comfortable.

Honored Contributor

The pants are much better than their description would imply. Still not a fan of the pull on aspect because of the puckering just beneath the waistband.

I don't think it's the wide leg that makes everyone look bigger; it's what they're pairing them with!

Rule of thumb is you don't pair baggy with baggy! When I wear a palazzo I generally pair them with a little tank top..

Respected Contributor

So far, the only person who looks not bad in them is model Amanda (short blond hair) because she is tall, slim and has narrow hips.

Respected Contributor

Gary said something to the effect that these are not necessarily made to wear to the beach (although you could); they are more of a "lifestyle" look that is mean to evoke a beachy feeling of casual ease and comfort. I see many comments about them making people look bigger, and perhaps for some they do. For slim people, however, I think they just look like someone is wearing a different style of pants. I have several different styles/types of leg widths on the pants I own, and I guess you could say that some make me look "bigger" than others. But each has its own look, and I wear them because sometimes I want to look one way and sometimes I want to look another. I recently got some wider leg sailor pants, and I love they way they look on me, but they're certainly different than the slim pants I often choose. And I guess the cargo pockets either bother you or they don't. I have no problem with them (they are very flat on the leg) and would never use them to carry anything -- for me, they're simply a cute fashion detail. Were it not for the lengths offered, I would probably try these in the navy or black (I'm not really a printed bottom person but can appreciate that they appeal to some).

Respected Contributor

I just ordered 2 pair in my usual Denim & Co. pant size of 1X...so there, lol! I got the blue multi and the rose brown. I already have tops and sandals that will go with each (assuming they fit and I like the way they look). I live 3-4 hours from the nearest beach and don't have a pool available to me. I think they'd be great for a casual lunch or dinner, properly styled. Also good for running errands, etc. Again, assuming they work for me!

I watched the presentation, and I don't think they made anyone look "bigger" really. Didn't like the way Leah had hers styled with the big shirt...just too much material all over for me.

Why--according to some--must ALL pants be fitted and have a button & zipper closure? These are meant to be worn very casually, and that's exactly how they look! I get the concerns with the material, but, again, no beach for me, so I don't need them to be really thin.

Sometimes, just "comfortable" is good enough!