Valued Contributor

Is matching lace and ruffles on the top too much to ask?

Trusted Contributor

@dperry wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

The truth is, D&Co has many items that are, indeed, "on trend" in a broad sense (cold shoulder tops, wide-leg pants, lace detailing, for example). People here may ridicule the ways in which these trends have been interpreted, but D&Co always does things in a D&Co way, for a D&Co audience. There is a successful brand aesthetic that is pretty well known, and I'm not sure why some people think it should be (or will ever be) something that we all know it is not.

Thank you for saying that. Many people on these boards wear D & C. If you want up-to-the-minute fashion go to Nordstroms. QVC makes clothes that the average woman wears not you fashionistas.

Well, most of the clothes I buy here have been D&Co & I'm no fashionista. I can still laugh at their blunders. I've even bought some in the past when comments have been far more mean spirited. These posts were meant for fun with all the lace and ruffle TSV offerings it has been overkill.

Honored Contributor
For a TSV, I would expect something special, or as special as D&C gets. This does not sound special, in any way. In the past I have worn D&C, just no more. If you like the item, buy it and enjoy wearing it. I hope you understand this was all in fun.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

I don't believe you can judge a garment without seeing it, & seeing it modeled.  I've sometimes been pleasantly surprised after viewing!

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
For a TSV, I would expect something special, or as special as D&C gets. This does not sound special, in any way. In the past I have worn D&C, just no more. If you like the item, buy it and enjoy wearing it. I hope you understand this was all in fun.

I'm not sure why -- TSVs (from many lines) are often fairly "functional" items these days (a pair of shorts or crops, a tee shirt, etc.), and it has been that way for quite a while. I see complaints about it all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

@dperry wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

The truth is, D&Co has many items that are, indeed, "on trend" in a broad sense (cold shoulder tops, wide-leg pants, lace detailing, for example). People here may ridicule the ways in which these trends have been interpreted, but D&Co always does things in a D&Co way, for a D&Co audience. There is a successful brand aesthetic that is pretty well known, and I'm not sure why some people think it should be (or will ever be) something that we all know it is not.

Thank you for saying that. Many people on these boards wear D & C. If you want up-to-the-minute fashion go to Nordstroms. QVC makes clothes that the average woman wears not you fashionistas.

I hope you are dealing with reality. I don't know anyone that would wear the D&C line that is an average woman. You don't have to be a fashionista but you would need good taste. If you want stretch pants, lace tops, horizontal stripe shirts, tunics that come to your knees (if you are petite),boxy tops and high prices for poor quality than you got it.

Esteemed Contributor

Can you see it now--Gary will be pulling the waist to show how much they give. Then they will explain why everyone can wear them. How current the style is and what a deal!!! I am sure they will have their usual colors (antique rose, olive green, white, black etc). I will not hold my breath for this TSV.

Trusted Contributor

@elated wrote:

Can you see it now--Gary will be pulling the waist to show how much they give. Then they will explain why everyone can wear them. How current the style is and what a deal!!! I am sure they will have their usual colors (antique rose, olive green, white, black etc). I will not hold my breath for this TSV.

Smiley LOL   Carolyn will buy them in every color!    What a day it will be; I hope some of the colors will coordinate with the Logo "Lucy Ricardo Maternity Smock" TSV from earlier this week.  

Occasional Contributor

Sounds horrible!

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim and Company TSV

[ Edited ]

Milan and D & C???????

oxymoron

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"