Respected Contributor

Re: Denim and Co. way overpriced......

I totally agree, I think Denim & Co. is way overpriced for what you are receiving.  I found better at M---'s... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't agree that the tees sold by places like Target and Wal-Mart are the same quality as D&C.  The fabric is not nearly as nice and the sizing is skimpy.  You'll almost never find a shirt 30 to 33" long.  You also don't find prints or different styles, mostly just plain crew necks.  I've got D&C  that I've worn for years.  All clothing with a high cotton content has escalated in price the past few years.

I worked PT at JCP after I retired and, even with their employee discount, wouldn't buy their clothing.  It's always been been cut skimpily and the fabrics are not good quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You can buy 2-3 tops at penneys, target, kohls, old navy or even belks for what  you pay for one denim & co top. I liked being able to buy online and get the colors I wanted but not anymore.  

Super Contributor

Whether something is "overpriced" is relative.    Something that seems expensive to one will likely be considered reasonably priced to another.  

If you are looking for the absolutely lowest price for an item, it probably won't be found on a shopping channel.   There is an added cost for the convenience of not having to step inside a store and having it delivered to your door.  

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, as long as there are a significant amount of customers willing to pay QV'Cs much too high prices for whatever reason, they will continue to be too high. unfortunately, so many people do not understand value for their money. They see what they want, and if they have room for it on their card they buy. You can see if you read the reviews how many stupid people will give a horrible review on an item but then say  they aren't returning it because they don't want to pay the return postage ( don't even get me started on how really dumb that is).

Respected Contributor

I am agreeing with those who say the value is not there on the basics in the line.  No matter where you buy these basics, they seem to not look right after a certain amount of time and have to be replaced.  I'd rather not spend a lot on them.  JCP is just fine with me, and I consider them a better value.  Just because the fabric seems thicker on the D&C, they still do not hold up well, and they definitely shrink and fade in an unflattering way. 

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I am agreeing with those who say the value is not there on the basics in the line.  No matter where you buy these basics, they seem to not look right after a certain amount of time and have to be replaced.  I'd rather not spend a lot on them.  JCP is just fine with me, and I consider them a better value.  Just because the fabric seems thicker on the D&C, they still do not hold up well, and they definitely shrink and fade in an unflattering way. 

I really like poly/cotton blend t shirts - they do not shrink or fade and are very soft. I get them at Bealls for around $15 to $18. And they are often unusually pretty.

Honored Contributor

Agree.  D & Co. prices for tops are too high.  I can get these kinds of tops at Kohl's or KMart for much less. 

Esteemed Contributor

LL Bean has turtlenecks & mock turtlenecks, in every color & stripes, in R, Petite, Tall, and for $22.95. & free S&H. 

Before S&H was lowered, you saw many D&Co. tops for under $3. Now. I very seldom see anything below $30. I guess when the Q brings Designer Gary on air  , that also increases prices.  

I used to buy lots of casual, everyday items from the Q. It's ridiculous prices for that. You can look nice casually for less than they ask.  I can pay for anything the Q asks, but that didn't happen b/c I was foolish. I really liked the Q when quality, value and cnvenience was there. 

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  You can purchase clothing just like it for a fraction of the price.  I think some TV shopping channel shoppers will buy it just so they won't have to go out of the house shopping.