Honored Contributor

@mikeandshelly  I don't mind if you complain about D&C, the Q deserves it. CG and Gary go on and on about what great quality these clothes are and what a good deal you are getting. Evidently everyone doesn't think so. I think they should take everyone's opinion under advisement and see if they can't do better with the quality and price.

Frequent Contributor

I used to be a huge D&C fan.  Now I am seeing much less denim and quite a lot of frumpy, overpriced items.  They need to revamp the line-maybe with different designers (ahem).  I like Carolyn but she does not inspire me to purchase D&C items.  More denim pleaseSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@dylanfan wrote:

I used to be a huge D&C fan.  Now I am seeing much less denim and quite a lot of frumpy, overpriced items.  They need to revamp the line-maybe with different designers (ahem).  I like Carolyn but she does not inspire me to purchase D&C items.  More denim pleaseSmiley Happy

That's not going to happen, most likely, unless Gary leaves. He has really done a lot with the line (new things like Active, Studio, Beach, etc.), and many people like where he has taken it. I actually think he's modernized it somewhat, but you really can't change it too much because then the "old timers" won't like it. It's a fine line, and it has a certain look and design aesthetic that will never change drastically.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim and Co. prices

[ Edited ]

@mikeandshelly  I don't mind paying for Issac's pima cotton tees but I usually buy mine at JJill.  I stopped buying Denim & Co. because their prices got too high for the quality and style.  D&Co. is suppose to be a QVC brand and the pricing has gotton out of hand so they lost this customer.  Cat Tongue  P.S.  Check out JJill's sales.  I buy pima cotton tees for under $15 when they have tees marked down and then you received 40% off the sale price.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I'm just going to jump in and say that I agree with the OP about the Denim and Company prices ......and the quality. Thi

I was a long time, and I mean long time devotee of Denim and Company.  The quality and fit could not be matched even with more expensive brands.  The prices were reasonable which allowed me to buy several items at once. 

In the past three years, I have found the quality lacking. The tee shirts are like rubber and the fit is often off for me. There is rarely a sale. I've had to return 3 pairs of what used to be the most servicable french terry pant that I've ever owned due to size issues. (They are running huge - I guess that's why the mediums are sold out) 

I am now purchasing my casual clothing from Lands End. While Denim and Company quality seems to have diminished, Lands End has improved.  And price, well, I just purchased 4 lovely supima tees for $14.99 each on sale. The french terry pants are a perfect replacement for the Denim and Company that I have had to donate.  

This is just my opinion of course, and I would not have posted at all other than the fact that I just put several Denim and Company rubber tees and ill fitting pants in my box for donations and it was on my mind how this line has diminished over the past few years.   

Trusted Contributor

I love Denim & Co. I am mad that the prices have increased too.But prices are going up everywhere I think it is because the economy is doing good but what do I know.

Three years ago I got rid of all of my clothes that did not fit and I did not like. I found that I bought clothes in stores because they were a good deal and on clearance not because I liked them. Three years ago I stopped doing this and started buying only the clothes I like from QVC like Denim & Co. and Issac and a few pieces of Linea (a few) and LL bean. 

I have not been in a store or mall to clothes shop for the past three years. Let me tell you it has changed my life. I now have a wardrobe that I actually love that fits and I wear. I believe it is because I buy clothes that I love not just on sale. Forget the sales. Buy what you like and less of it and wham! you will be so much happier.

Also, I have found that a color palette for your wardrobe works wonders. My basics are gray, navy, white, and jeans. My colors are navy, blue, aqua, lavendar, pink, and white. These colors go with each other and I have a mix and match wardrobe that is so easy.

So, yes prices on the Q are going up and I am just as upset as the next QVCer, but the quality is still there for me and you can't beat all of their extended sizes and colors are that available. I found that shopping in stores was wearing me out and causing me stress shopping with QVC has stopped that for me and I am loving my clothes these days.

Trusted Contributor

Totally agree the prices at one time were good,now Tshirt 40.00 that is far too much.

Respected Contributor

Re: Denim and Co. prices

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

OK. You've posted 2  complaints about different brands. Shop elsewhere.

@Love my grandkids, three brands, but who's counting

N/m

Valued Contributor

Old thread 6/18