Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denim and Co. needs an upgrade

The best thing D&C ever offered was the Modern Waist Bootcut Jean and then the they discontinued the jean.

D&C has changed and not in good way.  The focus seems to be make it the casual wear line in the Q's stable.  That's what Sport Savvy was for, I miss that line as well.

Respected Contributor

Was channel surfing when D&C was on. Watched for a few minutes, then changed the channel. Never cared for that line of clothing. Frumpy, baggy and ugly prints. Time to retire this line.

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

Was channel surfing when D&C was on. Watched for a few minutes, then changed the channel. Never cared for that line of clothing. Frumpy, baggy and ugly prints. Time to retire this line.

@Rockycoast  ITA!! it is very frumpy looking.  QVC needs some cool up to date fashion lines.  

Esteemed Contributor

@MUO wrote:

I just turned the Q channel on for a few minutes and the offerings for D and C are terrible.  QVC can do better than this and offer nice, tailored and stylish clothes reasonably.  I know I can turn the channel and I did.

I feel the same way. Gary might be a nice guy, but the styles are frumpy and very grandma-like. I don't like large prints, or stretchy clothing........ Denim & Co. needs a new design team. Sorry!

Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I only order from linea line if I order anything from QVC. I was watching the D&C show for a few minutes and I could not believe the prices and the ugly prints reminded me of Susan Graver and her floral vomit clothing.

Not to mention, all Susan's clothing is polyester knit!

Honored Contributor

D&C's one item that I buy over and over are their original waist pants.  I like the shape of the leg and they don't get baggy after a wearing a few hours, and they are a perfect length for me.  I think I've been buying them since the first time they were introduced.   Great casual pants for days I'm not going anywhere.

For tops - I get most of my casual tops from LandsEnd.  They sell the kinds of things that I like to wear.

Lots of places to shop ...  I'm not captive to QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I like D & C.  However, I don't care what line it is, there are way too many tee shirts.  No collars.  Why? because they are cheap to make.

Where are all the button down collared shirts??  In cotton/poly, no spandex.  I've had span/cotton shirts and they always seem to go out of shape for me.

LLBean has the best tees.........I do have a few to wear under collared shirts.  Their pima cotton is great and very reasonably priced and on sale at times.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I like D & C.  However, I don't care what line it is, there are way too many tee shirts.  No collars.  Why? because they are cheap to make.

Where are all the button down collared shirts??  In cotton/poly, no spandex.  I've had span/cotton shirts and they always seem to go out of shape for me.

LLBean has the best tees.........I do have a few to wear under collared shirts.  Their pima cotton is great and very reasonably priced and on sale at times.

@Patriot3 

For the button down collared shirts .... I buy them at LandsEnd.   I used to buy my cotton tees there also - but then I discovered Hanes Cool-Dri tees and haven't looked back.

I prefer the 100% poly Cool-Dri tees.  Usually on sale for around $6 each!  Good color selection.  They don't get soggy in hot weather and always look fresh. 

For all tees - price-wise Hanes is the place to buy them.  They have a whole page of styles and fabrics.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if the “fashion” lines are taking a good look at all their pieces on clearance with extra easy pays and being shown many times...still not purchased. Good business is not repeating your money losing mistakes.

Respected Contributor

It is what it is, it fills a niche ... and it's still very popular. It has evolved over the years, with new lines (active, beach, etc.), new fabrics, and some updated styles. But it is not going to miraculously turn into something completely different.