Honored Contributor

Re: Denim and Co. needs an upgrade

I've gotten a couple of her tops and find them to be not-so-great quality.  Very over-priced, won't be buying more.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The thing that turned me off about the D&C winter offerings was the number of large tunics covered with huge, ugly cabbage roses.  Who wants flowered clothing in winter?  I know botanicals were supposed to be "in" but no other line was so saturated with them.  I wouldn't wear them if they sent them free.

I think the bargain with the line is the jeans.  Sorry, but I'm not going to pay $100+ for the "designer" product that's indistinguishable from less expensive products.  These are denim utility work pants, not silk trousers.  I wish D&C would offer more denim products; shirts, skirts, vests, coats, blazers, etc.

@Kachina624

I agree with everything you said!  Especially about the "huge, ugly cabbage roses"!  animated-smileys-laughing-016.gif

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

kachina I agree with everything you said. I hate the floral prints and they are worse in perfect jersey.

@Squirrel Lover   Forgot to mention perfect jersey.  I do not like it at all and won't buy it.  Too rubbery.  I'd like to see cotton/poly blends as the come out of dryer wrinkle free and they are not hot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes, yes it does.

I used to buy quite a few pieces from this line, the key words being “used to” here.

Between that awful fabric “perfect jersey” that they can’t seem to move on from and their awful granny prints they tend to go for more and more it seems...

Gary and whomever needs to start thinking about fashion moving forward with the times. Real poor choices lately added to already poor choices that still continue to be available.

-Texas Hill Country-
Frequent Contributor

Absolutely and it outdated, looks cheap and it's expensive. Never bought any. Carolyn should be the designer. 

Respected Contributor

Q owns the brand and does not have to pay for stores and many sales people etc. so why are the prices so high?   Most of their tops should not be over  $15.00.  Not like there are a lot of embellishments on the tops.  I can go to Walmart, Penneys, Belks, and Bealls and buy the t shirts for a lot lot less.  

Esteemed Contributor

I only order from linea line if I order anything from QVC. I was watching the D&C show for a few minutes and I could not believe the prices and the ugly prints reminded me of Susan Graver and her floral vomit clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

I like some of the Denim and Co tops, but no prints.  The prices are too high though for what you get.  It's a very casual look, which is fine, but qvc should lower the prices, especially when the customer has to pay a shipping fee.

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I only order from linea line if I order anything from QVC. I was watching the D&C show for a few minutes and I could not believe the prices and the ugly prints reminded me of Susan Graver and her floral vomit clothing.

LOL

Respected Contributor

I don't like the "Perfect Jersey". At all.

I don't buy the prints, because then I look like a big wall papered wall!

I like that most of the basic tops that I get have some weight to the fabric so that they don't cling to my "curves". 

Quacker Factory has great fabric for their tops, but I won't wear all of the sequins & decorations. I would love them to do a QF Naked line with their fabric, but no flamingos on them.

I have to shop too hard at actual stores to find the top I want, in the size I want, that fits me nicely...I can't do the thin fabric that is in so many of their lines & for me the quality isn't there.

I may spend less, but I am lucky if those tops last a season without looking tired.

My D&C tops last much longer & since I do mostly keep a very basic look I can wear them for quite a while.

If I am never IN fashion, I don't worry about being OUT of fashion. LOL