Frequent Contributor

Denim and Co. needs an upgrade

I just turned the Q channel on for a few minutes and the offerings for D and C are terrible.  QVC can do better than this and offer nice, tailored and stylish clothes reasonably.  I know I can turn the channel and I did.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim and Co. needs an upgrade

I totally agree with the OP.  I buy a lot of Denim & Co and Isaac, some Joan Rivers.

Of those three I'd say Denim & Co remains the same.....nothing new in design.

I know it's difficult to change if something works, but come on....change up at least some.

Esteemed Contributor

When those dark colored blouses showed up in today's (Sunday) show - all still available - I said when they showed up a while ago - said to self - those will never sell.  I even posted my opinion of why so dark for winter - immediately  I was nailed by poster who took me out to the shed for writing that.  Gary has a lot of them - and I mean a lot - to dispose of.

Honored Contributor

And, they had the nerve to raise their prices!   I am very selective when it comes to purchasing from D&Co.  I am not paying $40 or more for a top when D&Co. is suppose to be the reasonably priced brand for QVC.  Are you kidding?  I find better prices with Isaac.  Yes, someone needs to step in and turn this line around and reduce prices and offer a way better selection.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

D&C is geared (IMO) to older women who want comfort over style. I've even noticed changes in Joan Rivers. I really don't buy from these lines anymore.

Honored Contributor

The thing that turned me off about the D&C winter offerings was the number of large tunics covered with huge, ugly cabbage roses.  Who wants flowered clothing in winter?  I know botanicals were supposed to be "in" but no other line was so saturated with them.  I wouldn't wear them if they sent them free.

I think the bargain with the line is the jeans.  Sorry, but I'm not going to pay $100+ for the "designer" product that's indistinguishable from less expensive products.  These are denim utility work pants, not silk trousers.  I wish D&C would offer more denim products; shirts, skirts, vests, coats, blazers, etc.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I am old. And, I do like comfort, but I don't want to look sloppy.

I just want to look clean & presentable.

I wear mostly D&C & a little Isaac. 

I don't like everything that D&C does, of course, but I do like that they do basics. 

There are a lot of places to get trendy.

I don't have time or energy to shop much, so I love that I can count on most things that I order from D&C.

No. I don't like that the prices have been rising. And, I don't like that it costs me $10 to try something on, if I end up returning something. It does make me pause before clicking & ordering, where before if I liked something, I just ordered. 

Trusted Contributor

kachina I agree with everything you said. I hate the floral prints and they are worse in perfect jersey.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an ample supply of Denim & Co and like their henley tops, 3/4 sleeve tops and french terry zip ups. Transitioning to retirement years, I'm adding attractive button-down, cotton and cotton-blend blouses to my wardrobe - great for layering and goes with any pants, capris or even shorts. My 'go to' place for striking, pretty tops are Coldwater Creek, Macys and Talbots. I keep thinking it would be easy for Denim & Co to offer similar tops with attractive prints or solids.         

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Kim Gravel, is really expensive !