Honored Contributor

Re: Denim and Co. Striped Top Presented Last Night

On a t-shirt like that it doesn't bother me if it matches at the shoulders.  I don't care about the sides.  It is something to wear at home, out on errands and I am not expecting a lot there.

It is cute and the colors are nice, and if it fits well, yes it is something I would buy.  Except I pay about that for LL Bean t's and their pima cotton is the best I've found. 

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom 

I looked at the top and that is definitely poor construction, not a fashion design.

Honored Contributor

If that's what it takes to be modern, I'm shopping locally -  in my own closets and drawers.

I'm fine with QVC prices, but for another few years at least I have all the ruffles and all the uneven hems I want.  And I don't want any unmatched stripes or plaids.  I don't buy much, but when I do buy, I want classic, I want good fabrics, and good workmanship.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I kind of get it, given it's asymmetrical 

F14DE403-1630-43C9-8F29-F943C60ACDBD.jpeg

The seams do match at the top, but go off due to the cut.  Since they do start out matching, I don't think it's a mistake.

DDB6C264-0AD2-42C0-B589-91B5296B1303.jpeg
It doesn't appear to be a side seam, but rather in the front.  What I did think was interesting was that all of the color photos of the shirt were from the other side and doesn't highlight that particular design feature.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe the saying is "Nice try, no cigar, Gary."  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

YeAeRe: Denim and Co. Striped Top Presented Last Night

Yeah Gary, and I really wanted to go to prom with that big pimple on my nose. Say what you want, but it's not a good look!

Honored Contributor

Gary has become quite the salesman.  We've always said they'll say anything to sell their wares.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Just looked it up. That is the most awful looking shirt they have ever shown. Too bad the colors are nice and it could be cute top. Couldn't pay me to wear that one. Looks handmade by someone who doesn't know how to sew. What were they thinking!

Respected Contributor

One of the first things we were taught in sewing class was matching up stripes. That's why I did (and do) sticks with solids. Nice try Gary but please don't make excuses for poor workmanship. Looks bad.

Respected Contributor

It looks like the top has forward seams.  I don’t know whether forward seams would make it almost impossible to match up the stripes but if it is he should have just said that because it doesn’t look like something done on purpose to make it more modern and stylish.