Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,526
Registered: ‎05-18-2017

I own several pieces of the Comfy Knit line by Denim and Company.  I try to purchase when they're on sale and very satisfied with what I've purchased.  No complaints here.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,807
Registered: ‎05-13-2010

D7Co prices hit the roof with most everything they show nowadays. DId the quality go up? I don't think so, they think they now so talk about 'better' fabrics, well maybe as I don't see as much 95/5 cotton/span which totally feels like rubber in most of their clothes. Hate it, I don't buy it.

 

The fabrics used in this line is now no different than most other lines here ie Mizrahi, logo. Clothes here in all lines are just absolutely way to pricey for the average person here. 

 

I CAN buy the same fabrications in my local brick & mortar and will buy local for less but the same quality if not nicer. And if I do want to buy the same brands sold here, I can go to amazon and pick up these brands because they ship what does not sell here over to amazon for much less. I still don't buy these brands there because the styles are still the same.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,379
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

D & Co. prices have definitely increased over the years, but so have lots of other brands and items. I like a few of their tops and jackets, but I can usually find similar items for less elsewhere. As far as quality goes, I have been very satisfied with my purchases, whether they're D & Co. or some other less expensive brand. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,036
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Just bought a set of three Denim and co tops and I ordered the size I always wear. Too small.  I know I could have put on a few pounds but they were really small everywhere.  Now a return charge.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,076
Registered: ‎05-09-2010

@chiclet wrote:

Just bought a set of three Denim and co tops and I ordered the size I always wear. Too small.  I know I could have put on a few pounds but they were really small everywhere.  Now a return charge.  


@chiclet If something I buy from QVC is too small (or too big), I get out my tape measure and take measurements.  If the garment measurements don't match what it is supposed to be per the website, by say, more than an inch, I return it as defective and request a full refund.  Measurements matter.  Inches make a difference.  If they can not produce garments that match the measurements, then I don't feel I should have to pay return shipping charges if it does not fit.  If more people did this, maybe QVC would up its game.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,250
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@wilma wrote:

D & Co. prices have definitely increased over the years, but so have lots of other brands and items. I like a few of their tops and jackets, but I can usually find similar items for less elsewhere. As far as quality goes, I have been very satisfied with my purchases, whether they're D & Co. or some other less expensive brand. 


@wilma I agree about finding things elsewhere at better prices.  The selling point for QVC was always that their prices were better because they didn't have the overhead of brick and mortar.  I alway compare before I buy something and oftentimes the prices are better or at least comparable elsewhere, especially once shipping is factored in.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,919
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

The quality is ok,but the prices are high and the prints awful this year.  I did buy the wide legs jeans & they might be my favorites, went back & ordered another.  I bought my tops elsewhere and happy with the price & quality.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,036
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

Just bought a set of three Denim and co tops and I ordered the size I always wear. Too small.  I know I could have put on a few pounds but they were really small everywhere.  Now a return charge.  


@chiclet If something I buy from QVC is too small (or too big), I get out my tape measure and take measurements.  If the garment measurements don't match what it is supposed to be per the website, by say, more than an inch, I return it as defective and request a full refund.  Measurements matter.  Inches make a difference.  If they can not produce garments that match the measurements, then I don't feel I should have to pay return shipping charges if it does not fit.  If more people did this, maybe QVC would up its game.


Very good idea.  I will do that next time...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,518
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Kachina624 wrote:

The quality of everything is less than what it used to be.  Look at how much a box of cake mix has shrunk. 


------

That's quantity, not quality @Kachina624 . My older D&Co. stuff has held up well. As with many brands, their quality has gone downhill. It's not so bad that I opted to return things, but I no longer sing their praises.