Frequent Contributor

The price of cotton has gone up so much it's insane these days.  That's why the D & Co items are so much higher than they used to be.  Look at how much they use polyester & rayon in their fabric blends now.  That helps with the cost of the fabric they use. Waiting for the sale price is just the only way to afford anything lately.  

Honored Contributor

@DesertD    You're correct and it certainly has affected the price of denim items.  Also don't forget that we're still paying the tariff on Chinese-made goods.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Don't buy them.

@chrystaltree     I don't ...

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Bicher  Your timing is off. Yesterday the faithful, who watch the Tuesday morning D&C shows, were able to buy those shorts as an One Day Only special for $39.96.  Keep your eye on them as the price is sure to drop again. They know they're not going to sell them at $71.

@Kachina624 It seems to me like QVC is doing more of the one day or one show sales.  I guess they are trying to get people to buy then and there, and I get that.  But if you missed out because you are not glued to the TV, too bad.  I would rather they keep the prices as low as they could and keep them there.  The pricing games and vast types of price labeling is insane.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Bicher  Your timing is off. Yesterday the faithful, who watch the Tuesday morning D&C shows, were able to buy those shorts as an One Day Only special for $39.96.  Keep your eye on them as the price is sure to drop again. They know they're not going to sell them at $71.

@Kachina624 It seems to me like QVC is doing more of the one day or one show sales.  I guess they are trying to get people to buy then and there, and I get that.  But if you missed out because you are not glued to the TV, too bad.  I would rather they keep the prices as low as they could and keep them there.  The pricing games and vast types of price labeling is insane.

Not to mention how hard it would be on the hosts when said item price is "only good for this show," "only good for the day," "only good for the rest of the month," "only good for days not ending in Y." 

It's no wonder some of the hosts seem to be tilting too close to the sales edge. 

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Puppy Lips    Doesn't make sense to me either.  No D&C shopper is going to pay $71 for a pair of shorts.  There must be some method to their maddness.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Lands end , and i keep telling people shopnational has what they call ultra soft clothing,it is very nice.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That tells you the crazy markup if they can sell for 39.96 and still make money.

Respected Contributor

Re: Denim & co.

[ Edited ]

Denim & Co prices have shot up so much since the pandemic. I have become selective on what I buy from them now. If something is on sale usually my size isn't available, lol. Just not worth all the money to be honest.

Honored Contributor

@Estellee 

For the D&Co original waist pants - there's a great substitute. 

Check out Denim-Ease at Blair.  They have a style like the Original Waist ... but a bit better fabric and construction.  Lots of other denim styles also ... sizing is comparable to QVC.

Watch for sales - extremely good prices.

--------------------------------------------------

@Estellee wrote:

Denim & Co prices have shot up so much since the pandemic. I have become selective on what I buy from them now. If something is on sale usually my size isn't available, lol. Just not worth all the money to be honest.