New Contributor
I love the clothes from this line. The size is consistent and the styles for the most part appeal to any age group.
Trusted Contributor

@Befel 

I agree.  Good basics with mostly consistent fit. 

I've been switching to Lands End for those basic due to the COST increase on Denim & Co.  And NO, I do NOT find that prices have gone up to the same extent everywhere.

Respected Contributor

@mac116 Can you compare the size & fit of Lands End to Denim & Co? I always relied on D&C for my basics. The fit is perfect for me. 

I guess medium length (29") & wide cut. 

I wear an XL in D&C. 

They always had great basics, usually in my favorite color, black. The price was a bit high ($25ish for a basic v neck tee or whatever.) but I was okay with it for the consistent quality & size.

I have shirts that are probably 10 years old that are still perfectly nice.

Now the prices are ridiculous ($40-$60 + S&H) for basic tops.

The fabric is thin with no shape of body to it.

Not many basic styles, more prints & "fashion" accents.

I need a new reliable source for comfortable, classic basics.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & co.

[ Edited ]

@Befel I agree about sizing. It's been consistent for all the years I've bought D&C. I have lots of their items.

But I disagree about all age groups. My 20's granddaughter wouldn't be caught dead buying D&C! IMO none of their stuff appeals to her age group.

Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1 

I wear a L (bottoms) or XL (tops) in Denim & Co.  I usually wear the same sizes at Lands End.  I do always check the garment measurements on both sites.

QVC: when looking at an item  click here

Lands End: when looking at an item, tap size chart...then (upper left corner)  item dimensions

Respected Contributor

@mac116 Thanks! I will check out some things at LE.

Esteemed Contributor
Just adding my 2 cents... I agree that D&Co is not the quality and consistent sizing it used to be. And I still own and wear several pieces from 10-plus years ago. Their current prices are ridiculously high.

I've bought several T-shirts and turtlenecks from Lands End recently - excellent quality, washability, and great sales!
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I like D/C, but wish they would stop putting spandex in their button down shirts.  They stretch out while wearing and never seem to feel right.  Guess I'll have to tell Gary.