Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

I own D&C A279245 in all colors plus 2 in white and 2 in black.  I have had them since early 2016..  The have been washed over and over and over and the lace still looks like new..

Unfortunately, that blouse is on clearance; I was hoping for more colors.  

I'm interested how you are washing them.

@151949 I wash them in cold water on delicate cycle and hang to dry.  

See, I have no desire to have to put that much effort into a t shirt. I want my casual clothing to wash on regular perm press and dry in the dryer on perm press. I do not have anywhere to hang up clothing to dry. The only clothing I hang to dry are swimsuits, which I put in the BR over the shower curtain rod. 

Honored Contributor

I am a pear shape and I think the design of the TSV would be good for my body but I just dislike that lace so much! Money saved!

Respected Contributor

I don't like the seaming or the elbow length sleeves.  

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

I own D&C A279245 in all colors plus 2 in white and 2 in black.  I have had them since early 2016..  The have been washed over and over and over and the lace still looks like new..

See, I have no desire to have to put that much effort into a t shirt. I want my casual clothing to wash on regular perm press and dry in the dryer on perm press. I do not have anywhere to hang up clothing to dry. The only clothing I hang to dry are swimsuits, which I put in the BR over the shower curtain rod. 

@151949. Well, probably best that you avoid D&C lace products

Respected Contributor

I hang almost every top I own to dry. Not bum around shirts but pretty much everything else. I got in the habit of doing it and it's just a thing now. Doesn't take me any longer to do so because sometimes well ok most times I leave clothes in the dryer too long and they wrinkle. Hanging them up if I need a wrinkle out I can throw it in the dryer on medium for a minute and they're good to go.I have a shower that doesn't get used so that's where I hang everything. 

Respected Contributor

I find that the dryer can ruin clothes.  I just tumble for a few minutes and then hang to dry.  

Honored Contributor

@151949

I agree this TSV is a good fit for an hourglass or a pear shape. The length of the sleeves balances the hips nicely. Looked great on Jane last night! I actually didn't think it looked as good on the narrow hipped models...And as usual the top didn't increase in size proportionately so on lovely Maria it was just baggy...

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I bought a top with 3/4 length lace sleeves from D&Co a couple years ago. It was very pretty but that nylon lace did not stand up to laundering. It pilled and stuck to itself - seemed like a very poorly made fabric. I ended up donating it after only one washing.

I love the style of todays TSV and would buy a couple if it weren't for having that same nylon lace sleeves.

I had the exact same experience. After one washing. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

I hung mine to dry and washed it on gentle cycle. It still fell apart.

Trusted Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

soon as I read "fitted thru the bustline" I clicked out. Gary has been making the mistake of tightening in at the underarm and thru the bust, lately.

I'm gonna quit buying his clothes because of this.

I order a 'L' and it has always been perfect, but, starting this yr. I noticed his clothes started getting to tight under the arm pit and no stretch across the chest any more. 

I blamed it on overseas manufacturing by folks who are smaller then we Americans, but, in watching the TSV video I see where he's doing that intentionally.  "Fitted".   Leaves me out.  Jackie, in the video needed to size up too.   I won't be buying.

I noticed both Carolyn and Jacquie needed to size up.

IMO, those two usually need to size up.