Honored Contributor

I don't think it's ugly and I don't hate it I just find it to be dull and uninspired. I just watched Shawn selling a Denim and Company top identical to the Susan Graver tsv. I happen to have two such tops hanging in my closet that I bought ....two years ago! ( and for less than either)

As for my comment about the q's assumptions of us; I just heard Susan Graver say "we love to cover up!" I find that a little sad but apropos considering what they offer

Trusted Contributor

Seeing a whole jacket of lace was a quick, easy NO! for me. I cannot imagine having an entire outer garment made if lace, and having to worry constantly about where is it snagging, did it rip it?

or is it just a big unightly pull?

I would not be able to handle the stress Smiley Happy

Might have been prettier if they had just done a little over the shoulder or someplace small that would not be in danger all the time.

I got a T-shirt with the lace overlay last summer, and while it was pretty, the lace was ripped in less than 3 wearings.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

Hmmm, I will just say anyone hoping that 2017 would find QVC bringing new, unique, edgy styles has just had their bubble burst.  😕

Yeah...right...you know you ordered one in every color!!   Smiley FrustratedSmiley LOL

@winamac1  

Busted!  Ok, I did order one in every color, except the white and black.  I ordered two each of those because a girl can never have too many white and black cheap lace, big metal zippered, man-tailored jackets to feel like a million bucks!  😁😁😁

You also ordered the same color in 2 sizes in case you gained or lost weight!!!Smiley Very Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@handygal2,Courtney was not divulging top secrets if she mentioned being given something to try before presenting it on air.  The hosts get to try everything they are asked to present on air beforehand.  For example: if they are presenting a cosmetic brand the vendor will give the scheduled hosts a sample box with every item that is slated to be aired in the shows.  They get to wear test the shoes and clothes in their real lives.  Electronics, home goods, and kitchenwares are not excluded.  The hosts get samples of those too. When they talk about owning this and that it doesn't mean they bought it.  Of course, for those who like to say they own multiples of something, then they would have to buy the additionals because vendors are only passing out one color of a product -- not a top or pot in every color. For the vendors these freebies are part of the cost of doing business with QVC (and the other shopping channels), which even including giveaways to the hosts and buyers is highly profitable for most of them.

I've heard several of the hosts talk about receiving their sample at home of something.  Shawn even posted a photo once of a huge box of Joan Rivers jewelry that was delivered to her directly from Joan and Jill posted a photo of herself carrying one of the TSV handbags that was sent to her.  She's also talked about receiving skincare items so new, they aren't even in normal packaging yet.   

Based on some of the host comments, it seems that many of the higher dollar electronic items they get to test they have to return. 

I know HSN hosts get the same privilege because they've talked about it as well. 

I think that's why one former host was having a ton of giveaways on her FB page of beauty products after she left.  I think they were all freebie items.    

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

Hmmm, I will just say anyone hoping that 2017 would find QVC bringing new, unique, edgy styles has just had their bubble burst.  😕

Yeah...right...you know you ordered one in every color!!   Smiley FrustratedSmiley LOL

@winamac1  

Busted!  Ok, I did order one in every color, except the white and black.  I ordered two each of those because a girl can never have too many white and black cheap lace, big metal zippered, man-tailored jackets to feel like a million bucks!  😁😁😁

I ordered some for my gift closet. You can never start holiday shopping too early.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I ordered it for a friend for her birthday.  She usually hates everything I give her so we will see.  Ha!  I gave her a beautiful Dooney bag and she's returning it, I gave her several QVC jackets, etc and she didn't like them.  I gave her an amazing bird feeder, seed the whole thing and it sits in her basement.  I gave her an IPAD and she never connected it...

Stay tuned...she'll probably hate this too.

Hey, wait a minute.... My mother must be your friend! I've given her all those things...Dooney bag...QVC jacket...bird feeder w/ seed...and she hated them all. She even hated the embroidered Bob Mackie shirt. How is that even possible? I was going to buy her the TSV jacket but thought no, no, she'll hate that like everything else. 

Good luck with your gift! Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1  

I hope that the women who liked it and purchased it do feel like a million bucks when they wear it.

Honored Contributor

I actually saw it modeled by Jackie last night during PMS and it wasn't as bad as it looked in the still shot I saw. She was wearing it in the white. 

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1  

You also ordered the same color in 2 sizes in case you gained or lost weight!!!Smiley Very Happy

Now @winamac1, doesn't everyone order multiple sizes because we just so love paying for that "try me" shipping and handling?  

Super Contributor

Abby, I loved it on the promos but once I saw it live I hated the zipper.  Couldn't see that from them.  Love the lace though.