Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I purchased a few T shirts in the exact same fabric last summer from Denim & Co. They didn't wear well and they started to pill within a couple of wearings. The lace looked really worn even though I used Woolite to wash them and hung them to dry.

It's a pass for me...

I haqd the same experience with that cheesy , nasty, nylon lace.

Super Contributor

I really think it's pretty and wanted it, until I saw it presented.  The zipper bugs me.  It really stands out & takes away from the lace. 

Esteemed Contributor

I might have thought about buying it.....BUT first hate the zipper (buttons please)...then the high neckline w/zipper

which will only jab into my neck ...won't lay flat ...look sloppy.....the sleeves are weird....they seem very long (the petite model had to fold up the sleeves and they hung to the middle of Carolyn's hand when she was showing another item)...and they have some kind of cuffing at the end of them which to me doesn't go with the rest of the style of the  jacket....................just not complimentary in my opinion....

Honored Contributor

@MENTL wrote:

OMG, how many times can Carolyn Gracie say UH in 30 seconds?  How can management not talk to her about it?

I turned it off because the references to buying everything she presents gives me a visual of a home full of stuff. I think it is disingenuous to claim owning and purchasing everything you present... I suggest clutter elimination websites to reign it in....

Esteemed Contributor

I think D&Co is on the right track here.... surely I'm not the only one who appreciates a lightweight spring/summer jacket.  However, the heavy zipper is all wrong, the lace is a big turn-off (to me), and it's too boxy.  They need to try again.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@MENTL wrote:

OMG, how many times can Carolyn Gracie say UH in 30 seconds?  How can management not talk to her about it?

I turned it off because the references to buying everything she presents gives me a visual of a home full of stuff. I think it is disingenuous to claim owning and purchasing everything you present... I suggest clutter elimination websites to reign it in....

She actually addressed these claims today.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@MENTL wrote:

This is why I have quit listening to her. She has bought at least three to four of most items. One time she said she would not pay $99 for a blouse but in another sentence she said she bought two. She said she bought the one to have Gary model one of the shirts after this one. The was the first and last time. I can not tolerate her exaggeration of her claims.

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

No style and I can just imagine the snagging. Looks like cheap lace and a very boxy style. Back to the drawing board Gary!Woman Frustrated

Why is everything offered on QVC BOXY???? 

I do like lace--lace tastefully done...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

No style and I can just imagine the snagging. Looks like cheap lace and a very boxy style. Back to the drawing board Gary!Woman Frustrated

Why is everything offered on QVC BOXY???? 

I do like lace--lace tastefully done...

@winamac1

The Q assumes we're ALL overweight women of a certain age desperately trying to 'cover up'.

Esteemed Contributor

When I saw the website photo of the jacket, my initial reaction was maybe.  Upon seeing it presented on air, I did not care for the lace very much.  This jacket may have appealed  to me more if it had been lace print on the casual french terry.