Esteemed Contributor

I like him, he is calm, soft-spoken, and does not interrupt (unlike some vendors we could mention). He also really seems to know the pieces. Every so often he shares something really interesting about the product. Nice guy.

Honored Contributor

LOL, he certainly does not strike me as a clothing designer, more of an engineer (like OP said) or a computer geek! Denim & Co. has been around a long time, and the brand usually sells itself!

Respected Contributor

I like Gary too and enjoy having him on the D & Co. shows.

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps you'd prefer Susan Graver twirling around & saying the same sentences over and over?

Gary looks like a man - talks like a man - acts like a man = refreshing!

Super Contributor

Seems like a nice guy, although I don't see the point of having him there. After 25 years of selling D&Co, they all of a sudden need a vendor??

Respected Contributor
On 5/3/2014 Tenners said:
On 5/3/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I like Gary. I'm always glad to see someone on air who is not ridiculously young and perky. Obviously, he's no style icon, but neither is D&Co.

But what does he add to the presentation? Being a nice guy shouldn't be the criteria for being on air, nor should being the owner of a product. To me he's a distraction because his lack of personal style says to me...these clothes aren't cute. If you have no style at all these are for you. Now I don't like everything D&C sells, but some things are nice.

I've asked this before and never gotten an answer -- exactly what would you like a male vendor to wear on the air? Gary usually wears a dress shirt with a colorful sweater and dress slacks or a jacket and dress slacks -- similar items, in my book, to what Bob Mackie wears, for example. I just don't get what people would find more appropriate. Anyway, he occasionally provides little tidbits about what's coming soon or things like that, I don't find him offensive in any way, and I enjoy having him on every once in a while (he's not there that often anyway).

Regular Contributor
On 5/3/2014 fthunt said:

Perhaps you'd prefer Susan Graver twirling around & saying the same sentences over and over?

Gary looks like a man - talks like a man - acts like a man =refreshing!

Thank you for this - I am laughing out loud and I really needed that tonight!!!!
Honored Contributor

He's the D&Co designer, not the vendor. I liked seeing him, after all these years, I'm sick of the hosts saying the same old things over and over and over again. I don't care about his personal style, which was fine for a middle aged guy. Pink ruffle shirts and skinny jeans wouldn't work for him anyway....lol.

Honored Contributor
On 5/3/2014 BonnieBelle said:

Seems like a nice guy, although I don't see the point of having him there. After 25 years of selling D&Co, they all of a sudden need a vendor??

....the designer. And YES! The hosts are a total bore for long time Q customers. We only hear blah blah blah now.

Super Contributor
Perhaps his presence, as 'head designer' of Denim & Co, appears to upgrade the image of the line, on some level. Just a guess on my part. I like him, and a second person talking about the items can possibly add a bit more interest to an otherwise bland presentation.
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller