Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denim & Company styles

[ Edited ]

J@151949wrote:

If you prefer Diane Gillman styles why don't you just buy DG - why do you think all brands have to cater to your particular style? I, personally , don't like DG at all. 

Here we go again! I can’t even post anything without negativity. Yes, I do watch Diane Gilman, but I also like Demi’s & company. The way D & C; was, not the matronly look they keep creating now. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54wrote:

J@151949wrote:

If you prefer Diane Gillman styles why don't you just buy DG - why do you think all brands have to cater to your particular style? I, personally , don't like DG at all. 

Here we go again! I can’t even post anything without negativity. Yes, I do watch Diane Gilman, but I also like Demi’s & company. The way D & C; was, not the matronly look they keep creating now. 

Yes, not liking a line on the Q is not a crime against humanity ! 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

Denim & Co. is probably my favorite line at the Q.  I also like some of the Linea line.  However, in my opinion, the Linea line has become more modern than the tradional style it used to be and I do prefer a more traditional look for me.  Personally, don’t see a lot of difference in the styling of D&C except for a lot of hi-lo hems that they’re now including in the line.  There are some prints in D&C that I don’t care for, but I just don’t buy them.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkidswrote:

I just turned 70 and have been buying D&C for at least 20 years. I shop other places as well.

I HATE their prints, each and every one of them. Big, small, makes no difference. They all look something maybe a 90 year old would wear...maybe.

I do like Gary but those prints...ugh!

@Love my grandkids.  I think the preference for prints and bright colors is regional rather than age related.  People in the Western half of the US, especially the Southern part,  where it's more likely to be sunny and bright seem to prefer bright, happy colors.  People on the East Coast seem to go for grays, black and browns.   They must be in a constant state of depression.  I can't figure out who or why anyone buys olive.  I love a bright geometric or abstract print.  If I see one I really love, I buy it in every color.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 You always make me laugh! Ha! I agree I love color too and I don't even wear black except to funerals! I grew up in NY and NJ and all of my family wears dull dark colors all year long.

I lived in the South for more than half of my adult life and they love color and phew**so glad because so do I! I look alive and younger in color. As for prints, I am only 5 feet tall so I am careful with the size of my prints. I own three of Denim & Co's famous watercolor perfect jersey tops in soft lilac, blue, and teal. I wear them all of the time. I find this pattern subdued. I only own a couple of other print tops from Denim & Co. because I prefer solids most of the time, but it is fun to mix it up.

I prefer natural fibers so my favorite brands that I order most of my clothes from are Denim & Co. and Isaac M. I only own three tops from Susan Graver. Her style is more dressy and it doesn't go as much with my life. I haven't worked in 5 years and don't intend to so I don't need a professional work wardrobe. I find that D & C and IM are dressy enough for me to look nice all the time no matter what I am doing.

I haven't got into the altheisure wear though. I don't need jogger pants to hang around in I actually wear jeans for that, but I am 52. My daughter lives in athliesure wear.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand big, bold florals are "in fashion" now, and Denim and Co. is going along with that. However, we don't want everything in big, loud, garish prints. Give us a choice. The same with all of them: big, flashy, floral prints.

I know some love them and they should be there for them. However, don't forget, others don't and some other items need be shown.

My grandmother and aunts wore the big florals shown today. I don't own a floral and won't own one. With everybody doing them, it's way too much, and nobody wants all of them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denim & Company styles

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Loverwrote:

@Kachina624 You always make me laugh! Ha! I agree I love color too and I don't even wear black except to funerals! I grew up in NY and NJ and all of my family wears dull dark colors all year long.

@Squirrel Lover@Kachina624 I was born and have libed most of my life in Chicago, but prefer bright colored clothes and prints.  When I'm in the south or a west coast coastal town and see many other women ... of multiple generations... embracing color and print I love it.  To each his own when it comes to dressing, but It's so unfortunate that many of my Chicago and east coast friends save their brights for trips to the islands or south of the border.   

Honored Contributor

@Effie54wrote:

I do love Fashion Day. There are so many wonderful new fashions to choose from for the upcoming season.

In my opinion, it seems like Denim & Co. is becoming very matronly in their styling. The prints are loud, large and overall - the look is like my mom would wear. Yes, I know there are other brands (don't kill me over this!)...but I do like Denim & Co. because of the comfort. I wish Gary and his staff's design team chose styles that looked more like DG2 and more contemporary styles in this line. 

@Effie54

Sorry you got dinged.  Some can’t accept that everyone has an opinion.  

Why question your age?  You are obviously old enough to choose your own clothes.  😉

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythewrote:

@Effie54wrote:

I do love Fashion Day. There are so many wonderful new fashions to choose from for the upcoming season.

In my opinion, it seems like Denim & Co. is becoming very matronly in their styling. The prints are loud, large and overall - the look is like my mom would wear. Yes, I know there are other brands (don't kill me over this!)...but I do like Denim & Co. because of the comfort. I wish Gary and his staff's design team chose styles that looked more like DG2 and more contemporary styles in this line. 

@Effie54

Sorry you got dinged.  Some can’t accept that everyone has an opinion.  

Why question your age?  You are obviously old enough to choose your own clothes.  😉

Thank you!  Someone who can relate, without judgment. Wow, I really appreciate your post. It’s so difficult to post an opinion on here, because it just starts the judgments and opinions. ❤️