Regular Contributor

Denim & Company - Enough of the Skin-Tight Ankle Pants!

[ Edited ]

I know there are those who need this style, more power to you, but some of us live in COLD country and need a full length pant in the winter.  And the skin tight pants, can we PLEASE see an option for bootcut?  That is so much more flattering for those of us who have hips or are apple-shaped.  The latest version of the ankle pant is so tight, Carolyn said they were not like leggings, but they sure looked very tight, to me.

Just hoping someone from Denim & Company sees this.  I don't do Facebook and it seems that is the only way they want to be contacted.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Company - Enough of the Skin-Tight Ankle Pants!

Unfortunately , when the Skinny trend came to be QVC embraced it fully. They really, really have promoted this look, even though it is certainly not the most flattering look for most women. 

It has been years since I was able to buy pants from QVC. Other retailers are getting my money instead.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I agree!! I liked the regular 5-pocket boot cut jeans that had a bit of spandex in them, but didn't look like "mom" jeans with the elastic area showing. I don't have small hips and usually got at the waist.  I ordered a pair from another brand and I'm not thrilled. I wish they could stay with some traditional looks. "How Annoying" is what I would call it.

Trusted Contributor

I've contacted Gary on Facebook a few times ...got a reply but no results.  I totally agree with you  - MORE BOOTCUT PANTS PLEASE !!!

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jackkeepoo. I can appreciate them wanting to do new things, but it seems to me that they are wandering away from "Denim". I see more shirts from them lately then I do jeans. I get so upset when things I like go Poof. 

Honored Contributor

Out of great respect for myself and my public, I have no interest in skin-tight anything.  On the other hand, I also have close to no interest in heavy, full-length pants, in winter scarves and gloves and hats and coats. 

Thus, at this time of year, I find the best place to shop are the many thrift shops in my area of SE Florida - if I even want to shop. There's close to nowhere else during a time like this week when our temperature will be in the 80's almost every afternoon.

QVC is still getting plenty of my money, but it's pretty much all skincare all the time -  and I don't have to watch the shows because I have several super buys on AD.

Esteemed Contributor

AND  stop so many tunics and with big plaids too--from a shorty.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

I really, really dislike Facebook.  lol  

Esteemed Contributor

The Ponte knit pants looked good today and were in petite. But their sizing is insane! Their 36" was a size 2!!! And then it went up one size incrementally. Now I've never worn a size 2 in my life with a 36" hip. I wear  a size 6 or an XS, 4-6. The sizing on this pant is so bizarre, I'm not ordering for a sure return.

My sense is they get a supply from China and are forced to size them accordingly.

Trusted Contributor

@DaffyHolly wrote:

I agree!! I liked the regular 5-pocket boot cut jeans that had a bit of spandex in them, but didn't look like "mom" jeans with the elastic area showing. I don't have small hips and usually got at the waist.  I ordered a pair from another brand and I'm not thrilled. I wish they could stay with some traditional looks. "How Annoying" is what I would call it.

That's precisely why my closet is stuffed to overflowing with DG2!