New Contributor

Has anyone heard if D&C will still sell the Original waist stretch pants w/side pockets?? 

I understand it was hard to get product after covid, but it has been WAY to long since they have had these in stock. If they lost their manufacturer of these pants. it seems by now they should have found a replacement. I really loved those pants and in desperate need for some new jeans and khakis!! If anyone has heard please comment. Thanks

Honored Contributor

They say the manufacturer went out of business and they're trying to find a new one.  Kind of strange this should be so difficult with all the garment manufacturers in Asia, but that's what they claim.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@MsBonts Some time last year I heard Gary state a number of times exactly what Kachina posted, so who knows.

This was discussed last year when you weren't likely here that the quality likely will suffer. I have tons of these and they wear like iron so I don't plan to buy any in the future.

IF they do find a new manufacturer it will be interesting to see the reviews, if any are sold.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if the twill pants shown on today's show is the replacement for the original waist pants.  I have so many of the original waist pants because I liked the colors so much.  Item #A39447.

I am now going to put my original waist pants in the donate pile.  They are just a tad too small now and I was keeping them until I lost a few pounds (which I do when my stomach acts up) but I dont really wear that type now so I am going to donate them and purge a bunch of long pants.  I prefer slim leg ankle pants, wide leg pants and leggings now.  And I do have my Isaac 24/7 pants, Graver liquid knit pant and other dress and casual pants so I am really set for pants.

I may keep the some of capri length ones tho.  I'll decide when I get out my summer clothes during my seasonal purges.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23  The ones shown today were the last of the originals.  There is no replacement.

The last few years, I found these pants "grew" and bagged out as I wore them.  By the end of the day I was stepping on the hems which had been perfect in the morning.  They came out of the dryer a wrinkled mess, requiring ironing.  They were a magnet for pet hair.

As I run across the many pairs I accumulated, I'm donating them all.  I just wear dark indigo jeans now.  They go with everything.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   I didnt mean they were being sold to replace the OW pants, just meant perhaps these were instead of OW Pants as they are no longer able to manufacture of OW pants and these are also elastic waist twill pants.  I choose the wrong word.  I did see the last of the original pants on one of the shows today.

There was a a time when they were my "go to" pants, mainly because of the colors

Respected Contributor

Boy @Kachina624   I am really messing up today!  The new twill pants I was referring to is Item #A575272

Honored Contributor

If they are looking for a manufacturer, it will take a couple of  years to get them back.  Qvc sells tens of thousands of them when they air them so it would take a long time to get them into production and shipped.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23    They're not a replacement, just a similar pant of the same fabric made slightly differently.  They are not new.

Honored Contributor

I never bought the twills, only the denims and they have always fit well and kept their shape.