Super Contributor

Relax ... its an opinion and one that many agree with. Its not a personal attack on you , so calm down

Super Contributor

I also remember when D&C was first introduced! It was Q's exclusive line that was supposed to be that "classic American style" .  They were making it seem like thier version of the Tommy Hillfiger or Ralph Lauren look. 

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

Very disappointed in the shows.  Sorry but too many stripes & florals.  Bad selection of colors.

It seems like a lot of the "new" they are featuring is done in pastels.  I don't understand why if you are offering a range of colors, must they all be in the same tone.  I don't buy much Denim & Co., but every once in I while I see something I like.  But  lately if I see a style I like, the colors are bad.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a kick out of reading over this thread.  Frumpy, looks like plus size women wear, old fashioned... some were even HORRIFIED. That's funny. I can't muster up that much feeling for clothing. 

I don't like some styles and colors but hey, most people don't care what I like. And that's just fine. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denim & Co.

[ Edited ]

I have watched D&C from the beginning when there were many more denim pieces.  I still buy their pants at times, but I feel Gary has turned the brand into mostly frumpy styles & prints. (Sorry Gary fans).  I now prefer Isaac's fashions at roughly the same price.

Respected Contributor

I like a lot of what Denim & Co. offers. Of course, I am pretty old.

Respected Contributor

I have a love-hate relationship with this line.

I have an aversion to the long tunics, uneven hems and bold flower prints. The quality control of the perfect jersey fabric has deteriorated. I have had to return tops that do feel like scuba rubber yet the same top in another color is soft and wearable. Unless the v-neck tops have a wider banding to hold their shape they come out of the wash looking like u-necks. I tend to avoid them now. Don’t even get me started on their swimwear, like the one-piece with ruffles that looked like the model was masquerading as an eel.

There are still pieces offered I know I will enjoy, such as my denim jeggings and bateau neck solid tops. I get compliments on those so I doubt I look frumpy. I wear their crops and capris too. 

What I find problematic more and more is deciding how something will fit because of the poor fit chosen for the models. When the models are stuffed into clothing, the garments lose their flow and design lines. Frankly, if the model looks horrid in something I’m probably passing by. 

Honored Contributor

@wifey2qt wrote:

I also remember when D&C was first introduced! It was Q's exclusive line that was supposed to be that "classic American style" .  They were making it seem like thier version of the Tommy Hillfiger or Ralph Lauren look. 

I remember that too @wifey2qt . The last time I ordered it, it looked nothing like the website photo and the sizing was way off. I really think the line has lost its original concept. It seems to be a lot of polyester, spandex, huge floral prints and the pants are enormous. I tried them and the slim line pants could have fit two of me in them....

Gary needs to get back to the drawing board and start re-thinking what he is putting out there...

Esteemed Contributor

D&C is aimed at women over 60 I believe.  No one younger I know would wear.

Super Contributor

Ummm I'm under 60 and there are pieces I own and wear .......however i do agree that 80% seems to be geared towards an older crowd - paricularly some of their prints