Respected Contributor

Does anyone else think that D&C fashions are getting frumpier and frumpier? I'm a slightly overweight 70-year-old; I'm retired and somewhat disabled so I don't go out much and no one cares what I look like anyway.

But if I were a young-ish working woman, I wouldn't be caught dead in some of their..."fashions". (Somehow I can't say "Denim & Co." and "fashions" with a straight face.)

Respected Contributor

There are other lines of clothing for fashionistas to pick from.  Denim & Co. was never advertised as "high fashion."  It's everyday wear, offering some change-ups, but mostly pretty basic every-day clothing.  Nothing wrong with that, IMO.  Pick from QVC's other lines if you are not happy with what Denim & Co. is offering.  "Different strokes for different folks."

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

You know, I've heard that view a lot here.  You are not alone.

Personally, Denim and Co. is my favorite line along with Isaac

Mizrahi's line (no longer owned by him).

My own experience has been, the clothes are well-made, true to their size and simple for a more casual style.

I am not a big fan of florals or paisley prints--I tend to buy solid colors or plaids from time to time.

I do know Denim and Co tends to run large, so when I order I take that into consideration.

I have read comment that Denim and Co tends to be "for grandmas".  Since I AM a grandma, maybe that is true.

P.S. I have never purchased D &C for my daughter-in-laws

(slim and stylish) or my 14-year old granddaughter.

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Does anyone else think that D&C fashions are getting frumpier and frumpier? I'm a slightly overweight 70-year-old; I'm retired and somewhat disabled so I don't go out much and no one cares what I look like anyway.

But if I were a young-ish working woman, I wouldn't be caught dead in some of their..."fashions". (Somehow I can't say "Denim & Co." and "fashions" with a straight face.)

No, I don't. It is what it has always been. If you want to call it "frumpy," it has always been "frumpy." In fact, I think it has incorporated more current trends and styles recently than it ever did in the past.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co.

[ Edited ]

I usually only buy their original waist pants in black and dark indigo, and occasionally I'll find a pair of D&Co woven denim on sale.  Their denm pants are pretty good.

This past year, they have been selling the kind of clothes that I don't wear.

Honored Contributor

Yes, yes, yes, and I say that as someone who is a long time D&Co. customer. Sadly in the last few years the line has  deteriorated.  The prints remind me of the plus size clothes from the 80's. I remember trying to find something nice for my aunt and the offerings were big , ugly prints . I could always find nice, sporty items, but now it just isn't for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten  Not me...recently bought several tops, jeans, corduroys and the recent TSV hoodies.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Yes, yes, yes, and I say that as someone who is a long time D&Co. customer. Sadly in the last few years the line has  deteriorated.  The prints remind me of the plus size clothes from the 80's. I remember trying to find something nice for my aunt and the offerings were big , ugly prints . I could always find nice, sporty items, but now it just isn't for me.

I'm horrified by some of the prints; it seems like D&C is reverting to 70's housewife schmattas.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Unfortunately I feel this way about most of what QVC offers in the way of fashion. They bring in younger and younger hosts and even try to class things up with Katrina but yet still miss the mark. It's like the buyers aren't on the same page as the rest of the organization! 
When they do attempt edgy and more youthful items they seem to go too far. They can't seem to find a happy medium

Respected Contributor

Never in my lifetime could I ever be considered "frumpy," and I absolutely do buy and wear Denim & Co, along with many other QVC brands.

i think of it as a more casual fun line, not a work clothes line. My jobs have always been very traditionally formal, and every day I wore suits and heels. 

I bought three pairs of the D&Co corduroy leggings this year and they are fantastic--slim fitting, warm, extremely comfortable, and quite stylish.  I wear them with boots and a great top and I am set for a casual day shopping, exploring, etc.

I find many of the QVC lines great for a more casual focus. I also like to dress up a lot with sequins, etc. for special events, and QVC is a bit more limited with those styles.

I consider myself quite fashionable and DH always says I look great.

But then again, I never worry about what other people think about what I am wearing--only if I am happy!