New Contributor

Could you make affordable scrubs?  As a teacher going back into the classroom, I have the need of practical, affordable, well made scrubs, that I can wash every single day after coming from school, so I do not contaminate my family and my home.  They have to have as many pockets as possible for all the extra things we will have to have immediately handy for any emergency (like nurses.)

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Clau wrote:

Could you make affordable scrubs?  As a teacher going back into the classroom, I have the need of practical, affordable, well made scrubs, that I can wash every single day after coming from school, so I do not contaminate my family and my home.  They have to have as many pockets as possible for all the extra things we will have to have immediately handy for any emergency (like nurses.)

Thanks!

I can't figure out why you would have to wear the same thing every day when any regular clothes that are washable would be acceptable? Why would a teacher have to wear scrubs? Why not just a simple pants and top? Regular scrubs don't have pockets.

Honored Contributor

@Clau    Scrubs are widely available at stores that sell uniforms and online in a million places in all colors and lots of prints.  They are not the sort of product that would appeal to the average D&C customer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hairdresser used to wear smocks - very similar.  Always liked that clean look instead of a t-shirt.............saying....I went to Disneyland.

Respected Contributor

@Clau wrote:

Thanks!

Try looking on line for scrubs.  Even Walmart has them.  They'd be a lot more afforadable.

Esteemed Contributor

Why would a teacher wear scrubs? I wouldn't want to be in your classroom and would wonder what message you are sending your students. This virus is not going away anytime soon and your appearance would be off putting. Maybe you are in the wrong profession. 

Contributor

Clau, I'm a teacher, and I get it. I actually think this is a reasonable suggestion. I wouldn't be happy about wearing scrubs in the classroom, but with all the new regulations in place and the additional sanitizing that teachers are probably going to have to take care of throughout the day, a utilitarian "wardrobe" that can withstand the cleaning chemicals and extra laundering kind of makes sense. What is really impractical for teaching is having to wear a mask in the classroom: hot; make it difficult to breathe; and muffle one's voice, impeding communication somewhat. Additionally, so much of classroom management depends on visual cues, which masks at least partially obscure. Unfortunately, in my neck of the wood, the word is that masks are going to be the new norm. Masks, which are a barrier to more than germs, send a far worse message to children than scrubs, I'm afraid.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Denim & Co.

[ Edited ]

Scrubs? Uh no.  You don't need any special laundry needs, you just wash your clothes as you normally would.  You're not going into surgery, you are a teacher.   Just washing your hands with soap kills it.   Kids are the LOWEST form of transmission and actually getting it.   Do you see anyone else out there in scrubs other than hospitals?  Hospitals wear them because they are in an environment where they encounter millions more transmittable things  a lot more bodily fluids than a classroom.    My husband is an area manager of a large DC -Metro area cleaning company.  He wears khakis and a polo.  And they are trained in the cleaning of this virus.  I wash our clothes as I always have.   What  have you been wearing all this time? Sorry but that's just overkill.    Please understand you can die a million different ways each day.  A good majority of which is more likely than this virus  the under-40s are more likely to die in a car accident than from Covid-19 and for under-25s, the risk was lower than dying from flu or pneumonia.  That is a fact.   I have not hidden in my house, I have gone to the store without missing a beat since this happened.  I will be 60 at the end of July.  The kids don't need their teachers being terrified.  And pockets?  I get pant pockets or a sweater, but as many pockets as possible?  Emergencies encountered??  What do you need to carry?  I mean some sanitier and a ziploc of wipes would be about all I could think of.  Gloves are dumb.  You're just transmitting it from one spot to the other.  Without gloves you sanitize your hands each time.  And unless you are removing your gloves exactly like medical professionals are taught, and throwing them away after each time you are a possible spreader.   The virus is killed in a normal cycle of laundry.  If you can kill it washing your hands with soap and water -you have no fear of it being on your clothes.  I understand there are people simply terrified of this, but scrubs???  In school??  You are not a MASH unit.  And no child should be frighened into thinking they are going into a hospital rather than their class room.   What are you going to carry in all those pockets?  I had a 3 year old with cancer, and lord knows I had meds and stuff and even then I never wore a million pockets.  We need to just go with common sense.   That's the last thing they need to see in their classrooms and it's totally unnecessary.  It's a virus and you are not a doctor, nurse or medical personnel.  Children are at the very lowest risk to getting this and transmitting it.  Have you seen everyone in Walmart wearing scrubs?   Any of the business that stayed open during this?  You have more chance of getting it at the stores than in your classroom where it will be cleaned all the time and you have the same kids going in and out. You will be in a controlable environment for cleaning.   Kids are not dying at the rate of the 70 and older crowd.  They are not getting it at the rate of the 70 or older crowd.   This thing likes older bodies, and weakened bodies.  No special clothes are needed and no special laundrying of your clothes will be needed and you wont need a million pockets.  If you didn't need them before you don't need them now.  As a teacher, you are aware there are 331,002,651 million people in the US.  Of that 137K have died from this virus.  Most of which were 65 and older.  Again that is an easily checked fact.  Not saying the young don't get it or die, it is just rarer than you would be led to believe.  Masks social distancing, cleaning and washing hands is all you need. 

Occasional Contributor

Enough with the squirre!  Please, it was cute the first or second time but not so much any more. It has run its course, so time to move one.

Spoiler