Frequent Contributor

Denim & Co this morning with Carolyn

I really like the top that was just on D&C this morning - #A270160 - Terry Shawl Collar Long Sleeve Top.  Any thoughts?  Do you think this would be thick like a sweatshirt  or soft and flowy?

Thanks!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denim & Co this morning with Carolyn

Sorry I cannot answer your question, but wanted to tell you how cute that tops is -- I want it! 

I tend to order tops large as I like them lose fitting, so I don't worry about it "fitting." 

French terry is generally not "flowy" so that's why I would likely order up.  But that is just me!

Respected Contributor

It doesn't look overly thick/heavy so I doubt it would be like a sweatshirt.  It's probably softer but I don't know about flowy because of the spandex.  I'd say more of a heavier weight T-shirt?

Respected Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

It doesn't look overly thick/heavy so I doubt it would be like a sweatshirt.  It's probably softer but I don't know about flowy because of the spandex.  I'd say more of a heavier weight T-shirt?

I agree with the above. If the material is like the other D&Co French terry it is more like a heavy t-shirt material but not as heavy as a sweatshirt. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the leather blazer they had this morning....but I know it would too tight around my belly....when the graphics say semi fitted or fitted...I know not to purchase it....

I wish they would make the relaxed fit they use to have plenty of...now I  can't take a chance that something might fit....as returns are so cosly....

Honored Contributor

I love the print on this top but it seemed to have a strong horizontal feel to the print and was not flattering on the models, especially Iris.  Too bad because it had a strong SW vibe and I'm all over that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I thought the print looked OK on the models, but both kept pulling it down, indicating to me that it should have been a couple of inches longer. Might work for petites, but too short for me.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

@circles wrote:

I like the leather blazer they had this morning....but I know it would too tight around my belly....when the graphics say semi fitted or fitted...I know not to purchase it....

I wish they would make the relaxed fit they use to have plenty of...now I  can't take a chance that something might fit....as returns are so cosly....

I own that blazer in the cognac color and I like it very much.  I ordered my usual Denim & Co. size and it fits well.  It does not pull across my stomach, but I usually don't wear it buttoned. 

Honored Contributor

@circlesI have made only one return under the new shipping and as far as I could tell, it cost me $3 more than it would have under the old policy.   But, if I had kept what I returned, those pants would have cost $4 or $5 more than they did under the new $3 for clothing shipping policy

I am far ahead with the new policy -  but I do not buy much QVC clothing nor do I make many returns.  Almost everything I've purchased in 2015 has cost $3 or less -- huge savings when you look at heavy bottles of Wen and Purity, etc.

Frequent Contributor

Carolyn is so sweet.  Like Gary too....but, I wish he would stop what he thinks are improvements on some articles of clothing, hence the mock turtleneck shirt.  I loved the original mock turtlenecks because they stayed in place on the neck and my double chin didn't mash it down, now his improvement has it alredy mashed down which defeats the style and looks sloppy. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."