Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. prices.... going up?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

In my state they place sales tax on the shipping charges and not just on the prices of the items themselves.

@SilleeMee WOW!  May I ask what state you're in?  That's quite something!

Colorado. @ECBG 

@SilleeMee SO sorry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG 

The way Colorado does their sales tax on S&H is very strange. If the shipping charge is combined with the handling fee, which it normally is, then they tax the whole S&H charge. The 'shipping' charge by itself it not taxed but it is taxed when there is a handling fee attached to that shipping charge....so odd...who does that??Woman Frustrated

ETA- The 'handling' fee includes the box, or bag, the stuffing and the tape used to wrap a product for shipping. Those things are taxed because they are considered as items purchased along with the product inside the package. The labor done to wrap a product is not taxed.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@ECBG 

The way Colorado does their sales tax on S&H is very strange. If the shipping charge is combined with the handling fee, which it normally is, then they tax the whole S&H charge. The 'shipping' charge by itself it not taxed but it is taxed when there is a handling fee attached to that shipping charge....so odd...who does that??Woman Frustrated

ETA- The 'handling' fee includes the box, or bag, the stuffing and the tape used to wrap a product for shipping. Those things are taxed because they are considered as items purchased along with the product inside the package. The labor done to wrap a product is not taxed.

@SilleeMee There's a very nice home for sale in my neighborhood if you're interested!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

I noticed about two years ago clothing prices taking about a $20 jump.  Ridiculous.  

@Jaspersmom   Do you suppose it could have something to do with tariffs?  I've noticed the tees that are thirty-some dollars are made someplace other than China.  The ones that are close to fifty dollars are made in China.  Thank your government.  Yep about 2 years ago was when it started.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge    Those American-made products undoubtedly contain imported ingredients.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Wasn't the original idea of QVC was that they can provide the customer with better quality & value because they buy in bulk & service the entire country? 

I guess that went out the window when greed took over.

Honored Contributor

prices going up again?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Most everything made of plastic and polyester comes from China....and that includes those plastic shipping bags Q uses to send stuff out, plus any other plastic wrap or stuffing....all made in China.

Trusted Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I liked those pants too and looked up the price when Leah had them on. Oh boy, there's no way I'm paying 55.00 for d&c. They think they are a designer brand now and they're just not. The total would have been 62-63 bucks, no way no how. 

I wait for clearance or go to eBay where there are tons of clothes at cheap prices for the same designers.

If I'm paying that much for pants, I'll go to a B&M store where I can try them on!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

I noticed about two years ago clothing prices taking about a $20 jump.  Ridiculous.  

@Jaspersmom   Do you suppose it could have something to do with tariffs?  I've noticed the tees that are thirty-some dollars are made someplace other than China.  The ones that are close to fifty dollars are made in China.  Thank your government.  Yep about 2 years ago was when it started.

I don't think it has to do with the tariffs.  Prices started going up b4 that started.