Respected Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. needs a facelift

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

They introduce themselves as Garolyn as if they're a Hollywood power couple! Nobody here calls them that. They could hire someone without a nasal voice to stand there and stretch the fabrics back and forth.

Gary wouldn't be appearing on air unless he added something to the presentations. I would bet that when he appears, sales go up -- especially when he is paired with Carolyn. Their static Tuesday morning show is very popular. I think he works well with several of the hosts, but I know that there are some here who don't like him. Oh, well -- they can't please everyone.

Respected Contributor

I disagree with the Walmart part. Anything besides workout clothes I get at Walmart does not last and looks bad very quickly. Even pj's pill and look awful after a short time. Yes the fabrics from d&c may be weird to some but they do last forever and don't pill or look faded or worn. I had to give away some tops I bought years ago because I felt I had them too long. I like some of D&C clothes but I do feel they need a new eye and some new colors. 

Trusted Contributor

I respectfully disagree with the original poster. I think that Denim & Co is becoming better everyday. I never bought anything from this line until two years ago when Gary started to update the line. 

I also find the quality very good. They are starting to sell junk in the malls and their prices are ridiculous. I havne't  brought a single item from a B & M in two years and don't plan to again.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It does seem pathetic that every Tuesday's show they try to get their couple nickname to stick. I try to get to the remote before I hear it each time.

Trusted Contributor

Can't stand the 5% spandex rubbery tops that stick to whatever pants you are wearing. Otherwise, I see cute styles sometimes, but won't order due to the "perfect jersey" Prices are climbing everywhere, especially anything cotton.

Trusted Contributor

I see a lot of pilling comments &  on another brand & thought this might help some:

http://m.wikihow.com/Prevent-Pilling

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

The new antique rose color is not new and is awful. 

Antique Rose is a muddy pink. I doubt many complexions could pull that off.

I bought three pieces of it last summer and kept them. I must have been out of my mind. It's the worst color I've ever had. Nothing goes with it or helps it out.

It was one of those things that I just hung it up to wear later and wasn't paying attention. I've worn the capri's once and the tank and shirt never. It's ready for donation.

Occasional Contributor

I used to buy alot of D&C but now I only buy the How Comfy line of pants.  But it seems even those are not being restocked.  I have no idea why because it all sells out so quickly.  I agree with everyone about the 5% spandex in all the shirts.  I hate it.  It does feel like rubber and they still shrink in length.  I like alot of the style of the tops but once I see the cotton/span blend I do not buy.  My question is how is it that JC Penney can make 100% cotton tees and they don't smell and they don't shrink and they last forever.  AND they cost ALOT less.  D&C keep gradually raising their prices but not their quality. 

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

I see a lot of pilling comments &  on another brand & thought this might help some:

http://m.wikihow.com/Prevent-Pilling

It's like you can't live comfortably trying to stop clothes from rubbing.  I refuse to give up a shoulder bag and another bag that I carry my lunch to work.   You have to wash your clothes. I like to rest my elbows on the table, etc.  Stupid and rediculous.  The nature of most clothing (except you....Susan Graver) is that clothes WILL PILL! Wear the clothes the way you like to, and forget about Pilling.

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

It does seem pathetic that every Tuesday's show they try to get their couple nickname to stick. I try to get to the remote before I hear it each time.

Sorry to say one look at the unfashionable duo and I turned it off. Neither one of them inspire me to buy clothing. Carolyn had on some mismatched clothing that didn't fit her congratulating her "stylist" and Gary had on a suit that just needed work.