Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. needs a facelift

I like D & Co.  Not everything, but the ones I choose, I like.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

And yet, for all the constant complaints . . . the line has successfully expanded (active, beach, studio) under Gary's direction and seems to sell extremely well. Like most lines/designers, it has a certain "look and feel," and it obviously suits a lot of people. The criticism seems to be split between those who want it to be like it was in the old days and those who want it to be more modern. As I've stated previously in other threads, Denim & Co "is what it is," and that's not likely to change.

Occasional Contributor

I signed in to post I 100% agree.  It is time for fashion leadership change.  The designs are matronly and prints are at times hideous. 

Occasional Contributor

I signed in to post I 100% agree.  It is time for fashion leadership change.  The designs are matronly and prints are at times hideous. 

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I gave up on D&C when they started adding 5% spandex to their cotton tops.  They look and feel like rubber and they wrinkle like crazy.  I don't care for lace and ruffles.  Never have and never will.  I also and not a fan of the cotton/rayon/modal/spandex configuration.  It's thin and pills like crazy.  And don't get me started on those iconic D&C pull on pants with the pork chop pockets and gathered elastic waistband. 

@KentuckyWoman  Your statement is a gross exaggeration.  There is no combo of fibers that include cotton, rayon, modal, Spandex.  I have dozens of D&C tees and have never had one with a single pill.  Most of us love the pants with pockets so I can't imagine why you'd find them objectionable except that you're playing "follow the leader" on this thread. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

OP you said it perfectly.   I know there are only so many things you can do to a top to make it different but you can come out with different colors and fabrics.  I truly think I can go to Walmart and buy three knit tops for the price of one on the Q and they would look just a good and I could try it on prior to buying and not have to pay for return postage. There should be no return postage on clothes and shoes.  The high prices should be enought to cover that.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree 1000% !   I used to order lots of D&Co in the 90's and early 2000's.  Great designs and very durable.  I had a few pieces for over 10 years and they never seemed to show any wear.  What happened?!?  Now D&Co is very poor quality and the designs (if you can call them that) are so boring. Never anything "new."  And they're now priced out of my comfort zone.   Seriously, I can buy much, much nicer leisure clothes for a fraction of the cost right here in my neighborhood!

Same with Joan Rivers' clothing, I'm sorry to say.  I like David Dangle, but how many fabrics can you make a "boyfriend shirt" out of?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StraytoStay wrote:

I agree with those that said that Gary needs to go.

I agree with you agreeing with those that said that too! Enough with pockets on every darn item. What next? Pockets ON pockets? Gary must go.

Valued Contributor

They introduce themselves as Garolyn as if they're a Hollywood power couple! Nobody here calls them that. They could hire someone without a nasal voice to stand there and stretch the fabrics back and forth.

Valued Contributor

Totally agree that D&C badly needs an overhaul.  It is old, stale, boring and not stylish in any way.  Never purchase it any more; the Denim & Co. tsv's are the worst.