Re: Denim & Co. needs a facelift

@Katcat1 Yes, call it sabbatical...

David is so phony.  screams when sizes

sell out.................

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@De Anna wrote:

I totally agree with you, tired of the 95/5, too RUBBERY!  Same designs, I like Gary, but, I feel they need to get a new DESIGNER. IMO. And the prices, REALLY,not even designer clothing. Then again most of the Q's clothing is high. Trying to shop more BM. I still watch the clothing shows, but, no shopoing. Saving me $$$$.

Have only been recording Isaac, Halston and lately C Wonder has surprised me w/ cute things at clearance prices.

@Shanus

I agree with you re C Wonder.  I like the fabrics they're using ... nice styles and good color selection.  

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

When in life have you ever seen a designer or retailer reduce the prices of a very successful and lucrative line....just because some people can't afford it?  When would that ever happen?   If that's the case, Mercedes needs to reduce the price on it's E-400 by half so I can afford one.  At $30,000, they'd sell a whole lot more of them.  Maybe I'll tell them that.

You're right of course, but seems they're having the clothing made cheap and sewn so fast in these sweat shops that there's no quality control anymore. I read crooked seams often in reviews and I've received crooked necks and arms & pant legs with one side bigger or longer. If they're going to charge more, they should be quality and it's not. 💩

Trusted Contributor

I agree with those that said that Gary needs to go.

Trusted Contributor

So does the perfect jersey.

Honored Contributor

When I worked (way back in the  60's) I used to make my own clothes so I 'used' to know a little something about design (I also designed them).

It doesn't take a genius to look at the D&C clothes and see they are made in a very generic way.  By that I mean you won't see a lot of seams, darts or anything that might in any way be considered 'tailoring'.

I try on a top and (because of my age (70)) my boobs have gone north, south, east and (well everywhere).  The top is way too big in the top (not the shoulders, but the boob part).  A few darts would remedy that, it wouldn't be so big there and it would 'cut in'.  How about some 'princess seams'.

In other words, clothes that (when held out) have some kind of shape to them, just a little would help....even a little shape....please......

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Gary always says to post recommendations on his Facebook page.

Yes, but is he reading the posts? I think not.

@Shanus -- OT but were you the poster that mentioned a sort of artsy clothing company a few months back?  Colorful tops?  I meant to bookmark the site and then forgot.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Gary always says to post recommendations on his Facebook page.

Yes, but is he reading the posts? I think not.

@Shanus -- OT but were you the poster that mentioned a sort of artsy clothing company a few months back?  Colorful tops?  I meant to bookmark the site and then forgo

@tansy. I don't think it was me. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  I couldn't disagree more with what you said.  Denim & Co. Is basically a tee shirt and cotton pants line.  What do you want them to do, add ballgowns?   What colors would you suggest that they don't offer?  Seems like pretty much have the spectrum covered.  I bet there's not another line in America with such variety. 

As for cost and quality... I don't think they ever ascribed to achieve Walmart or Target quality.  I hope not.  I've got shirts 20-25 years old that are still in good shape, unfaded with all seams intact.  I've had other tees but don't have them any longer.  I think the price for the quality is right on the mark. 

If you don't like the line, that's fine but don't make false criticisms unless you can back them up and make constructive suggestions for improvement

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I gave up on D&C when they started adding 5% spandex to their cotton tops.  They look and feel like rubber and they wrinkle like crazy.  I don't care for lace and ruffles.  Never have and never will.  I also and not a fan of the cotton/rayon/modal/spandex configuration.  It's thin and pills like crazy.  And don't get me started on those iconic D&C pull on pants with the pork chop pockets and gathered elastic waistband. 

@KentuckyWoman  The pants you hate are about all I order from them any more.  I think they are a good value, and I have a LOT of them to wear on days around the house.  I can't think of anything on the market I like that well for that purpose.  They fit ok, look, can go to the grocery store and feel comfy.  They wear well and wash well.

I think the t-shirts LLBean sells, pima cottom, are far far better for price, fit and fabric, so that's what I buy.  Oh and Isaac's little t-shirt dresses.  I almost live in those!