Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. needs a facelift

@Kachina624 wrote:

@violann wrote:

I can never figure out what demographic D&C is looking to entice.

Years ago I would buy some specific items in the Sport Savvy and D&C lines 6 pieces (different colors) at a time. They were my wardrobe "uniform" pieces for work.

Now, I rarely see ANYTHING that I'd buy even in a single piece.

So who DOES buy this line?

@violann  I buy lots of it.  I live in it.  Listen to the phone calls they get; that's who's buying it... thousands of people.  It's the American wardrobe staple, tees and cotton pants or jeans.  If you want layers or polyester, go see Lori or Susan. 

It wasn't layers or polyester years ago, @Kachina624, and it was especially tees, jeans, cortton pants, corduroy, all moderately priced, that I went for.

I don't watch shows anymore, but what about two or three tees as a set (I'm still wearing some that are probably 20 years old), sweater sets, barn jacket and tee shirt sets. 

Those are the buys I miss.

Honored Contributor

@violann  I didn't care for the shirt sets as they were skimpy and not long enough.  Believe it or not I still have a denim barn jacket with the tags on it.  I was losing weight and got it a size too small.  Never shrunk enough to get in it.  They ought to bring that back. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I 100% agree...the plain old t shirts with boring colors are so overpriced and definitely needs a update in style! They are still selling clothes from 5 or more years ago! I don't buy as much as I used to...same ole same ole

Respected Contributor

Denim and Co., along with every other line that has been at QVC for awhile, is bringing what their audience/customer wants.  If it doesn't sell it's gone.  I don't like all QVC fashions, but I know that for everything I don't like, someone else loves it.  Regarding buying tops at Walmart, Kohl, Costco, etc., I don't shop those places because of fit and length.  There is a specific length that is my sweet spot and everything in those stores is too short for me.  If you can get clothing there, and save money...go for it (I'm jealous) Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Just like department stores shopping online must serve various types of people and taste. 

I for one prefer purchasing clothes at a store where I can try the garment on.  I am 5 ft 3.5 inches in height and wear a size 10 on the bottom and a small/medium on top. Mostly a small.  I find many of the brands on the Q run large and too long in tops.  H Halston  and Lisa Rhinna works best for my body type.  I like Isaac in a few items but his pants don't work for me, ( I am pear shaped).  Sometimes D & C works, but I find them a bit boxy and too long in tops.  I do like the elastic pants from D & C for casual days knocking about. I will roll them up and wear as anke pants.  Only like the black and navy. 

My daughter is a plus size lady and her issue with plus size clothes is they are too long since she is only 5 ft 2 in.

Have fun ladies!!!!

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

When in life have you ever seen a designer or retailer reduce the prices of a very successful and lucrative line....just because some people can't afford it?  When would that ever happen?   If that's the case, Mercedes needs to reduce the price on it's E-400 by half so I can afford one.  At $30,000, they'd sell a whole lot more of them.  Maybe I'll tell them that.

You're right of course, but seems they're having the clothing made cheap and sewn so fast in these sweat shops that there's no quality control anymore. I read crooked seams often in reviews and I've received crooked necks and arms & pant legs with one side bigger or longer. If they're going to charge more, they should be quality and it's not. 💩

@StraytoStay  I've probably received at least 20 D&C shirts since the start of the summer season; many more before that.  I've never received anything of "sweat shop" quality (as if you could identify something coming from one).  I've never received anything with any kind of flaw.  I find the sizing consistency to be amazing... always a perfect fit.  As in most D&C threads, this one has a huge amount of exaggeration. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

When in life have you ever seen a designer or retailer reduce the prices of a very successful and lucrative line....just because some people can't afford it?  When would that ever happen?   If that's the case, Mercedes needs to reduce the price on it's E-400 by half so I can afford one.  At $30,000, they'd sell a whole lot more of them.  Maybe I'll tell them that.

You're right of course, but seems they're having the clothing made cheap and sewn so fast in these sweat shops that there's no quality control anymore. I read crooked seams often in reviews and I've received crooked necks and arms & pant legs with one side bigger or longer. If they're going to charge more, they should be quality and it's not. 💩

@StraytoStay  I've probably received at least 20 D&C shirts since the start of the summer season; many more before that.  I've never received anything of "sweat shop" quality (as if you could identify something coming from one).  I've never received anything with any kind of flaw.  I find the sizing consistency to be amazing... always a perfect fit.  As in most D&C threads, this one has a huge amount of exaggeration. 

Well good for you. I have certainly received very sloppy sewing from D&C I'm finally done trying that line. Why bring this up to just me now, it's been posted a while ago, nothing going on in the forums and looking to pick? Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean other's haven't had inconsistent sizing with this brand. Several reviews state this in this line. I'm not going to respond to any future defending of this line to me, because I'm not exaggerating & don't like being called out as if I'm being a liar about it.

Frequent Contributor

Ditto!

Frequent Contributor

frumpy hideous garish  only good thing left are the side pocket pants but some of the new coloars are awful.  

Contributor

Whenever I go to a "brick and mortar" store, I'm shocked not only at the prices but some of the tops are so thin you can see right through them!...they are like tissue paper. They cost way more than QVC...sure, we would all like to see 1998 prices but that's life...personally, I think they have many options to choose from....I don't wear tunics because they don't look good on me, but on a tall girl, they look great.  I only think the "fashion" world devised tunics because ladies realized that the current form fitting tights and gym wear show way too much and they want to cover up....just wait...very soon the straight leg or wide leg pants will return....I see that the younger set now wants what they call "jogger paints" which are just like the old sweat pants only lighter fabrics...the want to show off their sneakers???? what next?...I liked some of the Denim and Co printed tops and I've purchased them in several colors and I always get compliments..in the meantime check the prices of Lisa Rinna"s or Jill Martin's lines.....anyway, as they say, to each his (and her) own!