Respected Contributor

Re: Denim & Co longer cardi from Shawn's show last night

Two reviews so far and both are 5 stars.  Looks promising!

Honored Contributor

Well ladies, my two cardi's arrived yesterday.  To recap, I bought the ivory in small because xs was on waitlist.  The chestnut was in xsmall.  I tried that one on first. 

I love a shaker knit and that's the style of these.  The faux pockets are really nice.  However this sweater runs big - even the xs was bigger than I would wear.  Too bad for me - another box going back.  I didn't even open the ivory one.

If yo choose to get this one, I advise to size down one or two sizes.  If y ou're lean like I am, I'd go for xxs.

I also think this sweater needs 2 more buttons - there are three on it now but I'd prefer to be able to close it up more.  And if you're petite (shorter than 5'4 as I am, this sweater will eat up up unless you want it to be really long.

I don't love them so I'm returning them.  Already on their way back.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  thank you for your review. That's disappointing the sweaters didn't work for you!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD

Well geez, what a bummer!  I'm sorry the sweaters didn't work out.  They never loaded a video for the blazer I mentioned in this thread so I didn't order it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, sorry for your experience. The sad thing is that you just never know. Wouldn't it be helpful if the hosts would address sizing each time they talk about an item? And tell us what sizes the models are wearing? Or, how about having standard sizing across vendors, and even within the vendor's own line. No, they don't tell us the important stuff, they tell us where we can wear it, who to gift, and how much it resembles a couture piece. Bring on the professionals!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  I'm sorry you never saw a video on your jacket.  Actually, the very next day we talked about the jacket here, I saw Carolyn & Gary in a D&Co show and she had it on.  Looked really nice on her too - she had the tan/caramel color on.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack  Yeah, no doubt Ms Maggie on the standard sizing.  Wonder why they changed some items from letters to numbers.  Just when you think I've got it down for your size and what fits you best,  they change things on you.

Then like in the B&M shops, one brand fits in one size, then you're trying to figure out a size in another brand name.  It's ALL crazy! 

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl Some mixed reviews on this cardigan.  If you can land on the right size, I do think this cardi would be really nice but for the price and s/h, I can't afford to keep ordering with the hopes that it'll fit nicely. 

I still tink however it needs more than just three buttons on it.  That too is a no-go for me.