Honored Contributor

A372280    Be careful of the new 'modern fit' it's cut smaller.

'L' usually is  in Denim and Co.  44.5, in this modern fit **** they got it down to 41.

Anything labeled 'modern' is usually low slung pants or take away

from the bust area.

When I see anything labeled "modern" i skip over it.

check 'click here' measurements to make sure .

Respected Contributor

Yes, Gary was very clear about that yesterday when that item was presented. It is helpful to note, however, that the top referenced here is 100% cotton rib knit, so there is a lot of stretch to it without any spandex. It's just a different fit for people who want something a bit closer to the body.

Honored Contributor

A366965    I liked this, but, the sizing is all over the place gonna take a pass

My regular size 'L' is to big even for my chest.

Look at the hip !   54 or 57 !!!!!!!!!!!!   My hip is only 42

Chest in this one  is 47, regular ''L' is 44

shame, looks like a nice casual top and I love denim, but, afraid to go down to a 'M' hip is still big !

Honored Contributor

med hip is 54 !

large hip is 57

won't work for me

Respected Contributor

I was just looking at the "classic fit" t. $38.50! For a plain v neck tshirt! +$3.50 S&H

The "modern fit" is ONLY $37.50. I guess you save a dollar because it is cut smaller.

I love the quality of the D&C shirts & I was looking at buying, but $38.50+3.50 !

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. heads up

[ Edited ]

Makes me sad that I have to check out what the sizes mean now. Not like past times I could see something on TV and just hit the phone and say 'L ' 

because I knew that would work .

Now, you have to check to see if it's 'fitted', 'semi-fitted', plus 'modern' cut

Really have to study the measurements probably buy less and go to Mall

Respected Contributor

I was surprised this morning when Carolyn stated that D&Co was taking trends from Logo........please NO! If I want a "Logo look" I'll buy that (not) but D&Co is NOT Logo and should stay nogo.IMHO only. 

Honored Contributor

I nearly choked today when they said the D&C buyer used to work on the LOGO team and wanted to bring some of those features to the D&C line.  All we need is our beloved D&C looking like LOGO.  I thought Gary was head guru designer.  I predict the "modern fit" will flop bigtime.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have also noticed with the D&C clothing and the SG clothing that anything they bring in in a size 4x or 5x.......if you check the measurements on the smaller sizes you will notice that their measurements are and inch or two SMALLER then the measurements usually are ..............

So allowing to go to the larger sizes...they size down a bit

on the preceeding sizes

Valued Contributor

I remember back in the day, D&Co 1x tops were 50 inches for the bust.  That was true for 95% of their tops.  Now things are all over the place.