New Contributor

Just received a blouse and it reeks of fabric softener smell. Has anyone else noticed this? I assumed clothing that had been returned was sold at outlet stores and not reshipped to another customer. This was not an 'as is' item either. Please tell me this wasn't a top that was sold, washed by previous owner and reshipped Smiley Sad

Spoiler
Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

Returned clothing is sold As New!!!!

New Contributor

That stinks. Really stinks. I always thought I was getting an unworn garment. Surely they could smell it had been washed. Sheesh. Now I don't know if it has already shrunk or the size is accurate.

Esteemed Contributor

@2 cats and a dog   I ordered a Catherine Zeta Jones small tree before Christmas. It came with the trunk bent sticking out of a hole in the box. I drug it to the post office. 

I returned it asking for a replacement. It took took forever.

Finally I put it together and the lights had a short. Then they wouldn’t go off. The tree wasn’t even fastened in the box and batteries weren’t included for remote. They picked it up & I got a refund. Obviously a return that was defective.

Clothing should be new and not worn or washed and not resold unless at the outlets.

I don’t order “as is” and will not accept it passing as new.

Honored Contributor

ALL Clothes are like that now days just not Q's.

I get clothes from Dillards, Christopher Banks, shop national, etc.

Common any more.

Honored Contributor

I'd return it.  I know they sell returns as "as is" but I don't want to believe that they would stoop so low as to sell a returned item as brand new.   However, anything is possible with retailers today.

Respected Contributor

QVC allows washed clothing to be returned so my guess is that's what you got & it's happened to me too. I know it's impossible for the Returns Dept to inspect each item so on my packages I write in big letters Do Not Resale As New & write why on the receipt.

Esteemed Contributor

@2 cats and a dog 

I would return the blouse to QVC and write that it's been washed, worn and and it smells --- and u want a brand new blouse.

Honored Contributor

I have received  clothing and shoe items over the years which were obviously not brand new.  I sent each one back and notified customer service.  That also goes for decor items.

This is the chance we take when we order on line and cannot see the clothing and shoes in person.  With that being said most everything I order in the clothing department does arrive brand new and fortunately the used items are few. 

Honored Contributor

Dont be so naive to think that B&M stores do not sell woren items as new.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)