Honored Contributor

Denim & Co and Graver need customer input when selecting which items to make in extended sizes

[ Edited ]

I'm thrilled there are items in extended sizes here on the Q but I have noticed there is a need for improvement. I don't know who decides which styles will be made in the extended sizes but I see styles that are better to offer in them than others. Some of the items that flatter larger figures are not offered while some of the styles that do not look very good on 4X or 5X persons are selected  

for manufacture. There are styles that sit without moving in the extended sizes because they are styles that don't usually flatter or appeal to larger sized women. There's too many tops with horizontal stripes, sleeveless and cap sleeves tops, and shorter tops without coverage. There's not enough bottoms that don't cling and no Denim & Co Original Pull- On Pants With Side Pockets. 
There are plenty of beautiful styles that I would buy in a minute if they came in my size. I'm often heartbroken when clothes I see aren't available in my size. I wish Q would let a few of us help with the selection of which styles to offer in extended sizes. Feedback from a group of women who wear these sizes would be helpful. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co and Graver need customer input when selecting which items to make in extended siz

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D I myself don't wear extended sizes but I so agree with you. I was watching D&C recently and saw a couple of things that would have been great in those sizes and a couple that frankly looked awful in the extended sizes.

You can message Gary Goben on his FB page as he does read them. Either post or send a direct message:

facebook.com/gary goben for qvc

I hope more ladies with this concern will message Gary with their input.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co and Graver need customer input when selecting which items to make in extended siz

I generally don't pay attention to what is offered in the larger sizes.  Perhaps one of you could address this ...

I would guess it's a "dollar decision." 

They are manufacturing larger sizes in those fabrics and styles that are the least expensive to make.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA I don't wear the extended sizes so I have no idea how these decisions are made.

But instead of using more fabric to make something unattractive, they could just do the opposite, in my opinon.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D   I don't wear extended sizes, but I agree completely with you.  Therefore, I am writing in support of your request.  Perhaps if enough people make such requests, the buyers will listen.

I do wear talls and continually request tall inseams be offered in styles that also offer petites with the relgulars.

I hope that someone listens to us.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I generally don't pay attention to what is offered in the larger sizes.  Perhaps one of you could address this ...

I would guess it's a "dollar decision." 

They are manufacturing larger sizes in those fabrics and styles that are the least expensive to make.

@ALRATIBA @Mindy D 

I was going to suggest the same thing. The Q doesn't do anything without considering the bottom line

Honored Contributor

A378648 Maxi Skirt is the perfect example of what I'm talking about. This skirt is gorgeous. It's new, by Graver. It would look great in expanded sizes and I'd be ordering now but it doesn't come in. My size. Ironically, the new tee, designed to go with the skirt s available in 4X and 5X.

Respected Contributor

Good luck with that. I've been requesting SG do tall pants for years and years but no go. Don't know why but I gave up asking.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure it's the buyers who make these decisions -- definitely not Gary or Susan.

P.S. I would bet that the original pull-on pants will eventually come in the expanded size range!