Regular Contributor

Denim & Co Original "Core" pants

The company that makes these pants has gone out of business. Gary said that they are looking for a new manufacturer and when this stock is gone it's gone. If these are a fave, you might want to pick up a couple pairs. This is one of the very few things I purchase from QVC. Some people complained that they fit different when they changed the item number from A43881. I didn't notice a difference.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co Original "Core" pants

@suzykee A friend told me that he mentioned this on D&C show recently.

I have a good stock and don't plan to buy more. I will await with interest the reviews when and IF they find another manufacturer.

Somehow I kind of doubt it will be any time soon.

Honored Contributor

I'm donating them as fast as I run across them in closets.  They wrinkle horribly in the laundry no matter how they're washed and dried.  Then as you wear them, they stretch out until your butt is baggy and your hems are practically on the floor.  Both the twills and the denim are the same.  Time to put this item out to pasture.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Ebay has a few pairs available.

Honored Contributor

If the OP is referring to the "original" pull on side pocket pants (what's "core") my biggest gripe is the sizing.  I have pants from years ago in a large.  Fit great.  Went up to XL and then 1X and both fit tighter than the "original" large.  Plus, unless they are on sale, way overpriced.

Never had any problem washing them just the sizing has gotten screwy for me!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 The "core" pants are the basic colors of all the denims and I think a couple of the other fabric pants. 

There is a group of seasonal colors that change over the year. I only like the denims and so far sizing has been the same, tho I haven't bought any in a long time and have quite a lot on hand. I wouldn't be surprised if the sizing has changed.

Honored Contributor

I've had to replace most of my pants due to weight loss and watch for a mark downs in "my" colors.  Regular price is too high.

The only thing I noticed about the D&Co. sizes recently - is the "cut" of the pants.  They seem to be "out of shape."  Like the fabric shifted while being cut and there's too much fabric in the hips and thighs.  Even with going down a size.

Anyway .... I found some denims at Blair that appear to be identical to the D&Co dark indigo - on sale.   Number sizes - good fit.  I stocked up!

Honored Contributor

I never bought the full length version.  I did try one pair of the capris earlier this year -  I wanted 100% cotton, pull-ons with pockets.  I have plenty of denim with pockets and zippers and buttons -  unless my size changes, enough for a long time.  I also have several pairs of pull-on capris -  just not with pockets and most not 100% cotton.

I use them just when I head out to walk -  I know they are more $$ now than when I purchased, but mine fit well and washed well.  I hesitate to try to order something else online -  lots of local places to look, but lots of deadends so far.

Respected Contributor

I thought that he announced that they had found a new manufacturer, but it took a while because they wanted to make sure a new factory could make them just like the old ones. I thought they said that they didn't announce things until the new manufacturer was set. So what they have is what they have for now, because it will take a while for the switchover and for production to begin. Carolyn said that the new version would be exactly the same, but joked that she knew ladies would be looking for differences.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Twills! That's the word I wanted. I hate twill fabric and don't have any twill pants. All the D&C side pocket pants I have don't have the problems you described. Of course it's been at least a year since I bought any. All of my denims are in good shape. Guess I'm just lucky.