Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. Original Waist Side Pocket Pants will be unavailable

@Wobin 

I'm a medium now in D&C .... and usually get a medium at Blair unless I want an "oversize" look 

That's something you are going to have to decide based on your body shape.  There are size charts for each item.

----------------------------

@Wobin wrote:

How do you find the fit at Blair compares to Denim & Co?  I saw a Tshirt I would like to order from Blair but am unsure about the size.  I am between a L and XL with D&Co.

Respected Contributor

Carolyn made some comment (said in a somewhat humorous way) about how she was sure people would be looking for differences when the new pants start to come in.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was watching & heard about the manufacturer closing too. I debated buying a pair of the side pocket pants in the past, but never did. Pants that fit and flatter can be difficult to find which is why I prefer to try them on first. 

Valued Contributor

Me back to whine about this again.  A few days ago Caroline said the new manufacturer may not be able to make these pants.  Give me a pattern and I can sew them so how is it a clothing manufacturer wouldn't be able to?  They are simple slacks.  Is it that the new manufacturer will have to charge a lot more for them?  

After she said that I placed an order for some similar pants from Lands End to try them out.  They are knit however so not sure they will work in summer.

Super Contributor

Kohl's has a similar style.  Nice denim.  Good price.

Trusted Contributor

@Wobin wrote:

Me back to whine about this again.

A few days ago Caroline said the new manufacturer may not be able to make these pants. 

Give me a pattern and I can sew them so how is it a clothing manufacturer wouldn't be able to?  They are simple slacks.  Is it that the new manufacturer will have to charge a lot more for them?  

That is ridiculous!!  I thought QVC was the boss - aren't they supposed to tell the factory what to make and how to make it, not the other way around??? No factory in China (or elsewhere in the whole world) can make these pants???

I also quit buying the side pocket pants because they made the material too thin.  They used to be wonderful quality and they fit me so well.  I was hoping the "new" pants would be better quality but it looks like I'll have to look elsewhere.

I just ordered some pants from Woman Within, haven't received them yet, and I hope I like them.

Respected Contributor

I love Blair.

Regular Contributor

All I have to say about the way Denim & Co. brand has been changed ... is GOOD freakin' GRIEF!  Going to vent here ... because I've been a very looong time D & Co customer and I'm sooo frustrated.  They've taken away all the basics ... all the favorites.  Why, why can't the line have "something for everyone" ... I want stretch twill, pull on (w/ skinny elastic) bootcut pants and 8" shorts.  I don't see how it can be so hard for the D & Co buyers to source out a manufacturer to pick up where the other one left off.  They are simple, simple pants and shorts.  And a lot of us STILL want them.  They look neat & clean, can be worn casually or dressy, look fab when ironed, come in fun preppy colors, super comfy/forgiving ... what is not to love???  I, for one, (Miss Plus Petite) do not want, and will not, wear 3" wide elastic waistbands on stretch knit yoga style pants ... they add to my tummy and almost come up to the bra line and they look like leisure pants ... sooo ridiculous to not offer a variety so everyone can have options that fit their body type/comfort level.  I can't believe "the powers that be" at QVC are allowing this to happen to this beloved brand.  P.S.  Also, please stop making perfect jersey tops that are too tight for all of us ... you must have changed the specs or the manufacturer is cutting corners ... because you're not fooling us ... they don't fit the same (too snug in your normal size that you already own) and I'm over "trying" them out and paying shipping and spending time & effort to send them back.  And, I don't wear 60s 70s style splashy prints ... ever. Finally feel like it's just about time to move on from this brand.