Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. Original Waist Side Pocket Pants will be unavailable

I like Alison Daley clothes and pants from Dillards. Mid-priced and sometimes on sale.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

This last year or so - the indigo denim fabric defnitely changed.  Fabric on the last few pairs was quite a bit thinner than some of my older pants that had been washed a gazillion times and the denim still had substance to it.

I only bought multiples ini white, black and indigo denim so those are the only fabrics I can compare.

I haver other colors - that I don't wear very often .... they are all okay.

Since I lost weight and have had to buy a lot of new pants - I'm looking at prices - and D&Co prices just aren't competitive enough.  I can find same/similar for a lot less money.  Look and feel the same at half the price.

---------------------------

@goldensrbest wrote:

I saw that this morning,never bought them, because reviews say fabric had changed, so just wondered what others thoughts on them.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Just checked my order history ...... Blair has good sales .... the prices was lower when I bought mine.

For the denim .....B12704

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@goldensrbest wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I lost weight and have been replacing my D&Co pants with pants from Blair.  So far, so good.

Do you have a tem number ,for the ones from blair?

Honored Contributor

I have several pairs of D&C pants.  What I've found is that they have been cut smaller than in the past.  Now I know I've gained a few pounds!! but I have some extra large from years ago and now buy the 1X which fit tighter than the older ones.

I agree with previous posters--Blair, Allison Daly (Dillards) and Croft & Barrow (Kohl''s) are at least equal to D&C and more reasonably priced.

Super Contributor

How does Blair pant sizing compare to Denim & Co.? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@06greatwife wrote:

How does Blair pant sizing compare to Denim & Co.? 

I would suggest going to the Blair website and checking the garment measurements there which, by the way, are much more straightforward and easy to understand than QVC's mish mash of measurements.

I do find Blair to be more consistsent, i.e, the same size in different style pants fit the same way.

BUT Blair charges extra for larger sizes although they do have frequent sales and free shipping over a certain amount.

Honored Contributor

I always find mine on ebay, brand new, I am well stocked. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for letting us know.  After all these years, the manufacturer is closing shop.  What a shame.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I saw that this morning,never bought them, because reviews say fabric had changed, so just wondered what others thoughts on them.

@goldensrbest    I find that both the denim and twill in these pants stretch out at least a full size after a few hours of wear.  They even increase in length, dragging on the floor.  I had several dozen pairs but quit buying them and gave most away.  Won't buy more.  My sister says the same about them.  Buy only if you want a baggy butt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I lost weight and have been replacing my D&Co pants with pants from Blair.  So far, so good.

How do you find the fit at Blair compares to Denim & Co?  I saw a Tshirt I would like to order from Blair but am unsure about the size.  I am between a L and XL with D&Co.