Valued Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. Has a New Back-Up Host

I think it rather odd only because I thought Gary was going to start being at every Sunday morning 7 AM show. Then they had a week off because Carolyn was away , didn't seem like they mentioned Gary coming in any longer maybe I have missed it. And now they have hired this woman understandably everybody has an assistant for times you can't be there. Things that make you go mmm.

Esteemed Contributor

To me it is completely reasonable and 100% understandable that many viewers develop a fondness for an attachment to particular QVC hosts.  

Does your local store provide social media for its employees....highly unlikely.

But the QVC hosts are, after television personalities and are encouraged to provide personal life details.

And recently a television critic labeled them "niche celebrities", a description I find quite appropriate.  Not "A list" or "B list", but a unique form of celebrity. 

The most popular have legions of fans and followers.   Crowds have enthusiasticly attended David's live appearances for meet and greets.

I think it's terrific that some look forward to seeing their favorites on a regular basis.

Respected Contributor

Gary is about 65.  Maybe he wants to wind down this part of his job.  Not necessarily retiring, but wants to work in another capacity.  Or possibly fully retiring one of these days. I have no idea of his intentions, just guessing.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad Gary got a back-up so he's free to do other things, like take a vacation or even a sick day.  I don't know if Tess is into squirrels, but I suspect not.

Honored Contributor

Carolyn.and gary are good together.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wondered if Gary is well when Carolyn announced they were "making arrangements for him to return to the studio".  What sort of arrangements does one need to go to work in his own office?  I thought that terminology very strange.

I remember that too.  It has crossed my mind.

Respected Contributor

she's on the presentation tues morning 10-12 presentation.  gary is also on it.

Tess has been on 2 times so far.    she solely talked about what/how to wear the item on air.

Gary has been on the rest of the guest time.   his topics have been his usual fabric and style info.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

Oh.  I was hoping you meant someone would be hosting WITH Gary who didn't babytalk to stuffed squirrels.

she will... Carolyn told her she had to get a stuffed squirrel...

Respected Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

I think it rather odd only because I thought Gary was going to start being at every Sunday morning 7 AM show. Then they had a week off because Carolyn was away , didn't seem like they mentioned Gary coming in any longer maybe I have missed it. And now they have hired this woman understandably everybody has an assistant for times you can't be there. Things that make you go mmm.

@KACEE1115 Gary was supposed to be in studio on Sundays, but after his 1st appearance the COVID numbers in PA started rising so QVC put a halt on in-studio guests.

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching the D& C shows since the squirrels arrived.  Very childish addiition to otherwise pleasant shows, IMHO.  And totally unnecessary.