Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. Has a New Back-Up Host

[ Edited ]

I find a lot of people who hang out and comment here are insensitive and hurtful for whatever their reasons are.  Maybe they should question themselves.

Then there are those like @Caaareful Shopper who are informative and kind. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brigitta wrote:

Many people, for whatever reason, are very lonely and spend alot of time watching TV. They begin to feel like they know people on talk shows and home shopping shows. To put them down is very insensitive.

@Brigitta  Excuse me, but I am not lonely and I get accustomed to seeing people I like and have come to trust and it takes me a time to adjust to someone new.  I have always liked Kathy Levine, Lisa Robertson and Mary Beth.  I trust them to give me the right information.  I liked Amy Stran right off the bat.  Others I learn to adjust to what they are saying, their delivery.  It's like teachers in high school.  I had some I really liked and some not so much.  They were teachers, nonetheless.  Did you never have an attachment to a teacher in school, an instructor, salesperson in a department store, hairdresser, etc?

Valued Contributor

@santorini   I agree 100% on the baby talk and "nutsy" the squirrel needs to go....so boring.  I do like Gary and I did hear while watching a show recently that he was moving so maybe he needs some time off.  I am an older person so I do like Denim and Company the clothes works well with me but I get bored with Carolyn and her baby talk and adding extra syllables to works (the er) at the end of works like here (hereer) and year (yearer) so I tuned her out with the mute buton or shop online..

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I find a lot of people who hang out and comment here are insensitive and hurtful for whatever their reasons are.  Maybe they should question themselves.

Then there are those like @Caaareful Shopper who are informative and kind. 

• @rms1954  What’s funny with those people who make fun of other posters for even watching QVC and posting about hosts etc. Why are they here on these boards? Some of them have never posted one nice post. They seem to have nothing fun or interesting to do in life so they come here to make fun of others to make themselves feel important and better than others. Too bad for them just the opposite is true.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Brigitta wrote:

Many people, for whatever reason, are very lonely and spend alot of time watching TV. They begin to feel like they know people on talk shows and home shopping shows. To put them down is very insensitive.

@Brigitta  Excuse me, but I am not lonely and I get accustomed to seeing people I like and have come to trust and it takes me a time to adjust to someone new.  I have always liked Kathy Levine, Lisa Robertson and Mary Beth.  I trust them to give me the right information.  I liked Amy Stran right off the bat.  Others I learn to adjust to what they are saying, their delivery.  It's like teachers in high school.  I had some I really liked and some not so much.  They were teachers, nonetheless.  Did you never have an attachment to a teacher in school, an instructor, salesperson in a department store, hairdresser, etc?

@BrigittaI agree with you. Sometimes we get used to, attached to, and enjoy certain hosts. There is nothing wrong with that. I do the same thing. And to address one fact....yes, many on here live alone and it's their form of entertainment. There are some very insensitive people on here. 

Respected Contributor

They need to get rid of that squirrel thing.  I must have missed the start of it all to maybe explain what it is all about, but it is so annoying and childish.  Except for that I always think Carolyn and Gary do a fine job.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I do remember an explanation of how the squirrel routine got started.  In a certain D & C segment, Gary was very surprised at an item they were discussing-something about the price probably.  So, he whipped his head around to get a good look to make sure he understood.  Someone commented that it was very much like a quick movement a squirrel would make.  So, the banter started and it evolved into the two squirrels, one for Carolyn and one for Gary.  At first I laughed and thought it was fun.  I even like squirrels, by-the-way.  Of course, it got to the point where it became overdone, like so much of the QVC antics these days.  

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624  Now I know what you mean (@ellaphant) YOWZA!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the squirrel "thing."  It's not like they spend a ton of time on it and they make sure to provide needed info.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:
 What’s funny with those people who make fun of other posters for even watching QVC and posting about hosts etc. Why are they here on these boards? Some of them have never posted one nice post. They seem to have nothing fun or interesting to do in life so they come here to make fun of others to make themselves feel important and better than others. Too bad for them just the opposite is true.

@proudlyfromNJ  - you're right!

And there is a tendency of some that run like babies to the mods when they are challenged or I suppose embarrassed when other posters object or point out their repeat rudeness.

They don't 'see' the comments they are posting as inflammatory, unkind and insulting. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri