Trusted Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. Girls - Anything Striking Your Fancy Today?

Glad I was watching just now -- I ordered two pair of the Bermuda shorts in black. I want to know why, though, this is the only order of the season. Why wouldn't they keep these in stock throughout the Spring/Summer.

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2014 graycatsrule said:

I'm watching Gary and Antonella now. Haven't seen anything I have to have. Not feeling the TSV. I came to the conclusion that I don't like the high low hems. Last night I looked under new items and saw a bathing suit cover up and ordered it in black. There was one last year that sold out in black on the first presentation and never came back. I wasn't going to let that happen again.

The new bathing suit cover up is beautiful.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2014 Troop_Angel said:

Glad I was watching just now -- I ordered two pair of the Bermuda shorts in black. I want to know why, though, this is the only order of the season. Why wouldn't they keep these in stock throughout the Spring/Summer.

I'm so confused about the pants since they gave them different names. Maybe they were not sure if the Bermuda short would be well received?

Super Contributor

Hi Bird, hope you feel better. Cute choices! I also like the one Lola found and that print tank.

I've been busy today so not much viewing. My big splurge was at Walmart, they had rib knit tanks w/lace for $3 so I got 4. That's what I wear all summer at home during days and at night to sleep in. Who knows how long they'll last, but at that price if it's a year or so that's OK. Will wash on gentle then air dry to help it hold up.

Other than that, my budget has been teeny for apparel so far which is good cuz my cats have totally unraveled their 7' tall tree... so I'm saving for a new one which is $220 or so.

Enjoy whatever you get and let us know how you like your goodies when they come.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Frequent Contributor

I love D&C, this line always fits me and it is hard for me to find clothes that do fit. I bought two pair of the capris last night. I have been wearing these and the side pocket pants for years.

Super Contributor

It used to be I couldn't order fast enough. Now, I find the selections just plain awful. If Gary is the reason for this he needs to go somewhere where people like the Sports Saggy line. The prices go up, and the selection goes down. Plus, on close ups the quality is terrible. I noticed on 2 tops the stitching was very sloppily done.

If it is cool enough to wear a summer sweater who wants short sleeves?

Who wants a maxi dress in fall colors for summer? Navy and dark olive? Really?

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2014 Jhincher said:

I love D&C, this line always fits me and it is hard for me to find clothes that do fit. I bought two pair of the capris last night. I have been wearing these and the side pocket pants for years.

Jhincher - glad you found something that works for you. I usually buy tops and jackets. I'm tall and really appreciate that QVC includes detailed garment measurements.

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2014 Rununculus said:

Hi Bird, hope you feel better. Cute choices! I also like the one Lola found and that print tank.

I've been busy today so not much viewing. My big splurge was at Walmart, they had rib knit tanks w/lace for $3 so I got 4. That's what I wear all summer at home during days and at night to sleep in. Who knows how long they'll last, but at that price if it's a year or so that's OK. Will wash on gentle then air dry to help it hold up.

Other than that, my budget has been teeny for apparel so far which is good cuz my cats have totally unraveled their 7' tall tree... so I'm saving for a new one which is $220 or so.

Enjoy whatever you get and let us know how you like your goodies when they come.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Wow, Run, I didn't realize that a new cat tree with so pricey. You're a good mother :-)

Super Contributor

As I mentioned on some other thread (or two!) earlier today, I ordered the TSV in white, and gauze capris in navy, coral, and spring green.

Am off to check the shows to see what else I've missed.

Respected Contributor

On 3/11/2014 PuppyBreath said:

It used to be I couldn't order fast enough. Now, I find the selections just plain awful. If Gary is the reason for this he needs to go somewhere where people like the Sports Saggy line. The prices go up, and the selection goes down. Plus, on close ups the quality is terrible. I noticed on 2 tops the stitching was very sloppily done.

If it is cool enough to wear a summer sweater who wants short sleeves?

Who wants a maxi dress in fall colors for summer? Navy and dark olive? Really?

Really! Smile Olive and navy can both be great for summer -- nautical is very popular, and olive lends itself to safari-influenced looks (woven belts and sandals, wooden jewelry, etc.). Also, many people don't like the summer whites, brights, or pastels. (I don't think a short sleeve sweater is that "out there" either.) I think people need to remember that not everyone lives where they do, not everyone has the lifestyle they do, and not everyone likes the same things they do.