Respected Contributor

Re: Denim & Co Fans - Need Advice

Thank you@lolakimono Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I wash everything before I wear it.  Items that are made out of the country are sprayed with insecticide. 

Honored Contributor

@SaRina. Be sure to wash those teal pants with dark colors only.  That color is bad in the washer.  I've ruined a number of nice shirts.  They come out with streaks of turquoise that won't come out.

The color catcher sheets are in all the grocery stores.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone for the good instructions!

Wonder why the color transfers?    I had some other D&Co pants that are a bit heavier... they are more stretchy and have an off-white interior even with the dark shades.  They never transferred yet.  

Sometimes I'll soak wash a sweater (not from D&Co) and the water turns the color of the sweater.   Makes you wonder what kind of article you are getting if it bleeds.

Oh well, I suppose you only do that for the darker shades.   I ordered white & khaki and doubt the color will transfer.   

What a waste of water & electricity to wash a pair of pants alone!

Honored Contributor

@Black Cat Back. Your pants with the white inside sound like the How Comfy pants which are a knit made to resemble denim.  Never have had color problems with them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I wash everything before I wear it.  Items that are made out of the country are sprayed with insecticide. 

I just received two of the D& C pants  w/side pockets which i hadn't order in prob over a year..............when i got them...they wreaked of that chemically smell....i have washed them 2 times and it has lessened....but i won't order the pants again....Kohls carry similar ones and i have never had the odor problem.....over the last couple months i have had at least 2 other items from QVC with that same odor issue and have had to repeatedly wash them before the smell finally faded away.....not worth the aggravation.......i am also convinced it is insecticide as opposed to the smell of the dye.....which creeps me out.

I stopped ordering from one company because of this reason......

Trusted Contributor

I just soaked the cuffs only in water for about 20 min and the water is as clear as a bell.

I would assume the dye goes all the way around the whole pants.  I just hate to run the washer for one pair of pants.    Any thoughts?

Valued Contributor

Wash them in warm water first. That will usually take care of any dye situation. (It isn't only wearing a light colored top that you have to worry about color transfer. It is light colored cloth furniture!) And D&Co pants are great hung up straight out of the dryer. But if you like that crisp look and feel 5 minutes with an iron and they look like new.