Trusted Contributor

Denim & Co Fans - Need Advice

Just received some black Denim & Co pants #A53351.

They are so comfortable and perfect for fit.

The inside label says something about the intensity of the color can transfer to lighter colors.  

Does this happen?    Am I not going to be able to wear lighter tops then? Does washing them first stop the transfer issue?   I always hate washing new clothes, afraid they'll lose their crispness and/or shrink a bit, etc.

I'd appreciate any feedback from D&Co wearers!

Thanks so much!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co Fans - Need Advice

@Black Cat Back

You should definitely wash them before you wear them, and I would add vinegar to the wash to help set the dye.

Years ago I had dark wash denim from Gap with that warning, and I laundered them first.  It was probably 10 wearings/washings before my "Smurfy" legs went away.  I always wore something dark (socks/shirt) for anything that came into contact with those.  Be careful if you have light upholstery in your car or house.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had any issues with d&c pants transferring color.  If you are concerned, wash them alone the first time.  I do nothing special with mine.

Honored Contributor

wash in cold water if they're to loose/big put on low cycle for a few minutes keep checking them till they're right. I like stuff that is stretchable LOL that way I can stretch it out and make it perfect.

white pants think I wash by themselves don't want them to get colored 

LOL

Forewarned is forearmed is my motto.

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on what the material is made of.  If they are any form of jeans, they will fade.  I've washed some D&C jeans over and over and over and the last car I had the dye STILL faded on my leather seats.

However, I own a lot of the cotton pull on pants and have never had anything else fade.  

Just was the things alone and see what they do.  If they fade and you aren't happy call Customer Service and either they will send you a return label or use the one you have.

Honored Contributor

I've never had color transfer with D&C but have had it happen with denim jeans.  I have had turquoise shades transfer color  to other garments in the washing machine but now I use those "color catcher" sheets which seems to have solved that problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've never had color transfer with D&C but have had it happen with denim jeans.  I have had turquoise shades transfer color  to other garments in the washing machine but now I use those "color catcher" sheets which seems to have solved that problem.

@Kachina624

"Color catcher" sheets . . . where did you find that product?  

TIA for the information.  

Honored Contributor

@Black Cat Back

I have had this happen and the dye does transfer onto your skin and wherever you sit.  I agree with @lolakimono about  

the washing instructions. 

Honored Contributor

@alliswell

This is what you're looking for.

Lots of places sell it-mostly wherever you can by other Shout products.

Respected Contributor

@Black Cat Back, I'm glad I caught your post and I just ran to my closet to get my dark teal A70727's that just arrived.  They have the same tag and I never would have noticed it.

OMG - I love these boot cut pants and they fit like they were custom-made for my body.  Can't believe it!   I know what you mean about not wanting to wash them because you'll lose the crispness, but I'm going to put these in a sink of cold water to see how/if any dye runs off.  However, I wore them with a white tee shirt the other day and nothing transferred.  ??