Honored Contributor

Denim &Co 4X is selling out first. Please order more quantity

[ Edited ]

Denim & Co size 4X is usually the first size to sell out. It’s happening over and over again. Other sizes will be available for so long, but the 4X sizes are gone. You should be upping the quantity in 4X you order from the vendor.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim &Co 4X is selling out first. Please order more quantity

@Mindy DSeems as if they're getting proof 4 & 5 both sell.    I would think future orders would be larger, but it could take a while.  Seems as if lots of manufacturers need many months to fill orders.

Esteemed Contributor

I think QVC needs to realize that all women come in different shapes and sizes.  And we all want to dress nicely and look our best.  As a 5’2” woman, I can’t buy many items I would like to.  Even long sleeved tops are way too long in my arms.  So many other retailers cater to different sizes and shapes.  Why did it take QVC so long to realize this?  

Esteemed Contributor

I feel bad for the really tall women.  ALL the pants should be offered in talls.  They always make a big deal out of having petites all the time.  What are the tall women to do? Wear floods?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Don’t feel sorry for us, I never ever have to hem pants.   There are plenty of people on QVC that sell tall. 

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I think QVC needs to realize that all women come in different shapes and sizes.  And we all want to dress nicely and look our best.  As a 5’2” woman, I can’t buy many items I would like to.  Even long sleeved tops are way too long in my arms.  So many other retailers cater to different sizes and shapes.  Why did it take QVC so long to realize this?  

And there are just as many of us who need those long sleeves. There are a lot more petites available than there are talls. But I make the same complaint for shoe sizes, why doesn’t QVC carry a size 10 1/2 shoe? They sell half sizes and then they skip from size 10 to size 11.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum, I hope you realize that I am aware that many people need long sleeves at the usual length, as well as slacks, etc.  There are also people who need tall sizes.  And I also agree that there are many who need shoes in larger sizes or widths not the usual M.  My point is that QVC should include all in their offerings.  Many other retailers do.

Regular Contributor

I am 4'9" .I can,t order many of a styles.  Who decided 28 inch inseam is petite? I buy most of my clothes from other companies who recognize correct petite sizing. 

Regular Contributor

I need shoes 6w but again a doesn,t think about that.

Honored Contributor

Determing how many potential customers there will be for every size in everything must not be easy for any retailer, Q included. Q can rely on past sales for sizes they have had in popular items. Even then, those sales could have been influenced by the styles of the popular items not appealing to particular size range buyers For example, a short top might have sold well in the past, but when offered in extended plus sizes of 4X and 5X, does not sell well to the extended size buyers because they want coverage.

There are less tall women, 5’8” and over, than there are petite women, 5’3” and under. At least there’s some research on height in American women. Q knows, that from their sales figures, how many they need to bring in. They often over buy in a few Denim & Co Pull-on Pants With Side Pockets in the Talls. You can look at the items online and you can see there are always many available colors of this pant left in Talls. When you look at the Regular length, there are many sell outs. Second fastest to go are the Petites in this pant.  

It’s still a challenge to bring in items that fit well.

Sleeve length, in long sleeves, plus sizes, has improved from retailers over the past 25 years. I will say that when I wore a 1X and 2X years ago, the sleeves were always covering my entire hand, down to my fingertips. Now, the sleeves come to one or two inches longer than my wrist. I’m 5’4”. 

Rings and shoes need need to come in half sizes.

Shoes need to be offered in medium and wide widths. Narrow widths are common in European women but not in American women. It’s nice to offer some narrow widths, but demand for narrows is not high.