Valued Contributor

Re: Denim Jacket A232350 Coming Soon In PERFECTLY PINK!

Oops. Something weird happened to the numbered section titles when I copied and pasted them. They looked okay when I previewed it. These directions are for jeans but I'm sure the method could be applied to a jean jacket.

Trusted Contributor

Don't worry about stains from washing with Coke. Coke is actually good at removing stains--especially grease, tar and blood. Also it is a rust remover.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/9/2015 Daysdee said:
On 3/9/2015 LuvitorLIT said:

I didn't purchase the denim jacket because I already have so many but if he brings it back as a denim vest in perfect pink I'm on it!

I thought I read the denim vest will be available in perfectly pink.

Valued Contributor

It's not "Pepsi" that does the trick it is simply carbonated water. When you spill red wine on clothing, carpeting etc., practice was, to put 7 Up or Ginger Ale (that's is or was usually handy) on the stain right away and blot, blot, blot (if you are out dining or at someone's home). It is the chemicals in carbonated water that are working to break down the "sizing" in the fabric; not Pepsi per se. The goal in all of this is to remove the sizing in the fabric unless you want to distress and "age" the fabric. We used to put our jeans in the dryer on hot; lay on the bed and work them on and then spray lightly with water and as they dried on our bodies they would confirm to our bodies. LOOKING GOOD!!

I can't see how fabric softener would assist in removing the manufacturer's industrial strength sizing; it probably just adds another layer and makes the fabric even heavier.

Probably wouldn't hurt to soak in carbonated water over night and do a heavy rinsing several times and then wash.

Let us know what you do and how your garment looks and feels. Good Luck!

Valued Contributor

On 3/10/2015 crdlb said:

Don't worry about stains from washing with Coke. Coke is actually good at removing stains--especially grease, tar and blood. Also it is a rust remover.

Well, I have heard of using Coke to clean a toilet and I think it was for rust stains and mineral deposits. Wonder if Diet Coke and Coke Zero work, too. And, if you get grease, tar or blood on something you might as well try Coke.