Regular Contributor

Has anyone purchased this brand from HSN?  I saw them on the runway show the other day and thought they were interesting.  Wondering about fit and quality. 

Respected Contributor

Yes! I just recently bought 2 pairs of Democracy jeans at TJMaxx. The quality and fit are superb. I wear a 6 or an 8 in most jeans. The 8 fit me perfectly. 5'6", 130 pounds, waist 30", hips 40".

Trusted Contributor
I also have purchased from tjmaxx. They are another cheaper there than hsn. That being said, nice jeans, I do find I go down a size in these, the waist runs large for me.
Respected Contributor

Yes. I buy them at Bealls dept store and hsn. They run true to size for me. My extra weight is around my middle. The waist on this brand is very accommodating unlike most zip front jeans I've tried. The "Ab-Solution" feature helps hold things in but is comfortable. 
Nice quality. I have three pairs. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
I also have purchased from tjmaxx. They are another cheaper there than hsn. That being said, nice jeans, I do find I go down a size in these, the waist runs large for me.

depends on the store. I've never seen them there 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Re: Democracy Jeans

[ Edited ]

@hgsuddle  I can only speak to the one pair of shorts I got last year, and I loved them! I was impressed with the quality, design detailing that made them fit the body so well, and the fit and feel.

Fit completely true to size in every way on me. Not always easy with bottoms!! I'm 5'1.5", 133 lbs, size 4 jeans...got the 4, fit perfectly.

They are a longer, dark denim short, with contrast stitching. They've washed and worn well, no stretch-out, or getting slouchy or baggy, at all, and they've stayed pretty dark. They're stylish and comfy too.

I would definitely consider something from this brand again, myself. Good luck, if you try them!

Respected Contributor

Democracy jeans and shorts are my absolute favorite jeans. I purchase from Amazon. They are true to size for me.

Trusted Contributor

@hgsuddle wrote:

Has anyone purchased this brand from HSN?  I saw them on the runway show the other day and thought they were interesting.  Wondering about fit and quality. 

@hgsuddle    Love them!!   I have purchased mine from Marshall's and Boscovs.  They are the best fitting jeans/pants that I own.  I wear either a 6 or an 8 depending on the style.  They are great quality, fit well, and wash up beautifully.  I recently got my daughter hooked on them.  She is very petite and wears a size 4.  I have found better buys locally rather than on HSN.     Highly recommend.  

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for your replies!  I will look at Marshalls and TJs and persue the offerings on Amazon to see if the prices are better.  Have a great holiday weekend!!

Honored Contributor

@hgsuddle    I got a pair of Democracy jeans today and am reporting in.  I was first attracted by the color which I'd call toffee.  I wear a lot of brown as my neutral. It's 797-080 at HSN. 

The fit is different; snug in the waist which is good since most jeans are loose on me and higher than most jeans. True through the hips, looser than most in the thighs and a short 27" inseam which is perfect for me but cropped length on models.  Medium weight fabric with some, not a lot, of stretch.  Straight leg.

This style is a novelty with a hammer loop and nail pocket, which will actually be useful to me as I do my wood fence repairs.

Strangely, this HSN product was shipped by QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment