Contributor

Both A265539 crop pants & A265536 Demin Swing jacket are up and ready for odering

Contributor
I just received my very first Linea piece today (Item A265539 - the denim capris), and am very impressed with them except for one thing: the fly placket is sewn on the wrong side of my particular pair of pants. In other words, I am right handed, the fly placket is on the right, and I must reach over the fly placket with my right hand to zip the capris (which is awkward), or use my left hand to close the zipper. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has the same issue with their capris, or if mine were assembled incorrectly at the factory?
Honored Contributor

It looks like according to the picture that the zipper is on the left (in other words, you use your left hand to zip it up) and the right side is where the placket is (it hides the zipper).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor
On 4/14/2015 JustJazzmom said:

It looks like according to the picture that the zipper is on the left (in other words, you use your left hand to zip it up) and the right side is where the placket is (it hides the zipper).

Thanks Jazz, I did note the pic. As I said, it's not a deal breaker for me. It's just that every pair of pants I own has the placket on the left. I also sew, and all my patterns have the placket on the left. I'm just wondering if it was a factory decision. I guess now I know how lefties feel :-D
Valued Contributor

I received 2 pair of white and 1 pair of dark blue and they all have the zipper placket as shown in the pictures; the opening is on the left hand side. I am right handed and not an issue for me. I wear mediums in Linea woven pants and smalls in WK's and ordered all three in size 10. They are all too big. I am not smaller in the waist and larger in the hips; not really curvy through that area and the pants were too big in the waist. I have all the previous denims offered over several seasons and 10's were spot on. I immediately reordered 8's and sending these back. They are very nicely made and look terrific with the denim jacket; of course. Oh, the challenges of ordering on line.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor
On 4/14/2015 Nooks said: I just received my very first Linea piece today (Item A265539 - the denim capris), and am very impressed with them except for one thing: the fly placket is sewn on the wrong side of my particular pair of pants. In other words, I am right handed, the fly placket is on the right, and I must reach over the fly placket with my right hand to zip the capris (which is awkward), or use my left hand to close the zipper. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has the same issue with their capris, or if mine were assembled incorrectly at the factory?

I've never seen pants sewn that way!

Super Contributor
On 4/14/2015 Nooks said: I just received my very first Linea piece today (Item A265539 - the denim capris), and am very impressed with them except for one thing: the fly placket is sewn on the wrong side of my particular pair of pants. In other words, I am right handed, the fly placket is on the right, and I must reach over the fly placket with my right hand to zip the capris (which is awkward), or use my left hand to close the zipper. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has the same issue with their capris, or if mine were assembled incorrectly at the factory?

I think this is standard for women's trousers - just like on women's blouses, the buttons are on the right front, left side has the buttonholes and overlaps left side over the right.

Respected Contributor
I looked in my closet and it looks like the plackets are evenly divided between facing right and facing left. It looks like my jeans all face right. Dress pants mostly face left. Capris and shorts are mixed.
Valued Contributor

sterling 36.... You piqued my interest on the subject of left side vs right side placket opening. In my long life I had not taken notice and so when I got home tonight I looked at many types of pants and skirts, in my closet, that zip up the front and all of them open on the left side as these denim capris do. My husband wanted to know what I was doing and I checked his also, just in case it is a male/female type of thing like jackets. All of his are open on the left, like these denim capris are. Interesting observation...

PS. I went Isaac M.'s pants and noticed A210399 placket opens on the left and A233217 opens on the right. So I guess there is no standard for which side pants placket's open.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor
On 4/14/2015 Kathleen said:

I've never seen pants sewn that way!

Funny, I have many pants sewn exactly that way!