Honored Contributor

Delight the shut-ins with your Valentine's Day events

This year I am suffering from an atypical pneumonia and will be a shut-in for Valentine's Day. It occurred to me that after many years of suffering MS, I have, for the most part, been able to walk into or be wheeled into a Valentine's event. This year, however, I am at home and unable to attend, so share with me what you are doing and what you are wearing. I would like to live vicariously through the many lovely ladies of this fashion forum. God bless and Happy Valentine's Day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Delight the shut-ins with your Valentine's Day events

Not heading out this evening due to the ice and snow. Will be having dinner at home.

Feel better.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to YOU!!!!

I am doing nothing special, but I did make a day special for some nursing home residents. Since you are "shut-in" for the day, I will share that with you & if I could have done the same for you, I would have.

My Mom had a short stay in the nursing home last yr. (home & doing well now). I personally know the activity director there. She goes above & beyond making each holiday special for the residents. She ordered helium, to keep there & take orders for balloons on special occasions. I ordered balloons & candy for each of my hometown residents today. Some of them won't even have a clue what today is, but hopefully a balloon will put smile on their faces.

Honored Contributor

TX-starlight, what a nice thing to do! Very thoughtful and caring.

Honored Contributor

I am snowed in. {#emotions_dlg.bored} BF offered to drive us out, but since we had sleet and are getting MORE snow tonight, I told him it might be better to do something on Sunday, when it's less crowded and less dangerous on the roads.

I brought one of my rescue kitties downstairs for a bit too and he was in heaven. He discovered some catnip and the super industrial cat tree so he was busy exploring places (and we were busy following him around with a squirt bottle). {#emotions_dlg.scared}

You might have seen the GORGEOUS salad I posted about on the Recipe Swap, but if not, I'll post it here too. It's my modified Cobb that we ate last night. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

It's Romaine, bleu cheese crumbles, sauteed asparagus, chopped crinkle cut carrots, red pepper, turkey bacon, and langostinos.

Trusted Contributor

Well, the snow and ice are finally thawing here in Atlanta, and DH and I are heading out 1) to visit his elderly mother who is a nursing home shut-in on this valentine's day, and 2) to go out to dinner just the two of us.

We'll stop by a grocery store on our way to the nursing home and pick up some flowers and a card for his Mom, then go visit with her for a little while. Always difficult; she's still adjusting and always wants us to "take her home". Then, on to V-Day dinner. There's a nice Japanese restaurant and a good Italian place a few miles from my MIL's nursing home, and we may stop in at one of those. We'll be ready for a glass of wine and a quiet meal.

I'm wearing black trousers, a black cascade cardigan over a red knit top with a subtle black Victorian vine pattern, gold earrings with red glass bead drops, a gold chain bracelet with small red glass beads, my wedding set, and a diamond ring that belonged to my Mom. Also a red enameled heart brooch with gold embellishments on my jacket. I'm comfortable, and I look Valentine-y and GOOD.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hope you enjoy your quiet evening at home. Thanks for inviting everyone to share. It's fun to read what others are up to.

Respected Contributor

I am wearing a pink burnout tee with faint red lines in a heart shape, with a red cami underneath and my distressed capris and tennis shoes (my foot/ankle has been hurting. I hate to be such a fashion disaster at work but I'm in the dirty maintenance building and no one cares what I wear but me). I also changed my bag out this morning for my Dooney bucket bag that is black with multi colored hearts on it.

Kyanne the red (heeler, actually Australian Cattle Dog) has on her pink bandana covered with red hearts.

After work we are going to oldest DD's job @ a bar. They have the best food there. I will have the Shepherd's Pie with Green Beans. It will be the 2nd time I ever had Shepherd's pie. The green beans were to die for and I could have eaten a pound of them.

It is 84° here today and beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I am going to a Valentine Dinner at a private residence of a retired French chef. It was an item auctioned for charity and six of us are attending. I will be wearing a Linea fuchsia jacket and matching sweater with a charcoal grey shirt. I am looking forward to good company and great food. Happy Valentine's Day.

Super Contributor

I'm sorry to hear you are not well, OP. I wish you well.

However, I'll be cleaning bathrooms tonight. Since I've been taking care of my elderly parents, my own house is suffering neglect. We're having guests tomorrow and I need to clean the bathrooms. Not very romantic.

Super Contributor

Staying in, got takeout and a bottle of wine. I'm waiting for the Joan Rivers show at 7 pm.