Honored Contributor

Deciding on major contrast color

I'm making this multicolor cardigan and I'm at the point where I need to decide which of the 10 colors I've used will be the main contrast / edging / etc.

Just went to Pantone Fall Colors .... and the colors I'm using are well within the range for Fall 2021  .....  and I've narrowed it down to two.  

I have another couple of hours to go before I reach the "point of no return" and make my decision.

Decisions ... decisions .... decisions .... I think I'm going with the green ..... (unless I change my mind).

Honored Contributor

Re: Deciding on major contrast color

Don't forget to post a picture when you are finished with it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    I surely wish you'd get in the habit of posting picture of your work.  I'd love to see what you're making. 

Having not seen your sweater, I'd probably pick black because it "sets off" other colors and goes with everything including looking great with black pants. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'd use the color that goes best with your coloring!Smiley Happy

I'm sure it will be beautiful and I want to see it TOO!

Respected Contributor

Since we don't have a lot of details, I'm assuming you are using multi color yarn or are you doing a patchwork like sweater?

Nevertheless, I would choose the dark color of the sweater and use that.

But you sound like a professional so whatever you choose will be nice.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

It's 10 different colors - separate balls of yarn.  Randomly changing colors each row - every section different color order.'  It's not patchwork - it's stripes.  Very colorful casual cardigan.   

There are a couple of single rows of black accents in each section - but I don't want black as the major contrast.  I'm going with the dark green.  

-------------------------------

@Just Bling wrote:

Since we don't have a lot of details, I'm assuming you are using multi color yarn or are you doing a patchwork like sweater?

Nevertheless, I would choose the dark color of the sweater and use that.

But you sound like a professional so whatever you choose will be nice.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA   It will be Beautiful!!!!

The closest I've ever come to knitting was a scarf...all one color and I even put a fringe on it!