Respected Contributor

Re: Decided to knit a few scarves

@I am still oxox Your scarf is beautiful...what pretty yarn!

@songbird I'm a lefty too....with things like crocheting and playing my ukulele, I learn the right-handed method...,it's easier for me!

I can only knit triangles!  But have better luck with basic crochet, and have made some scarves and hats.  Nothing fancy...,,just very basic!  I pick up yarn when I see it at yard sales, so it's basically just a very low-cost hobby.

It is very relaxing.  

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   No, I do not knit (wish I did).  That yarn and start of scarf is absolutely beautiful.  Enjoy your knitting.  I wish I was on the receiving line.  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I both knit and crochet.  A neighbor taught me when I was first married.  I knit sweaters for my children when they were small and made many crochet and knit afghans.  My neighbor was left handed and I am right handed.  For some reason it was really easy to learn from watching her.  

Respected Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

Years ago I decided I wanted to learn to knit my friend said she would show me how. I went out and bought everything I would need. For the life of me I could not get this. I got so pi##@& off I put everything in a bag and tossed it in a closet. I so admire anyone who can knit.

@Leggett28 Try crochet. It is so relaxing.  You Tube beginner crochet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I crochet but haven’t in a while. I did make some baby blankets and several hats for grands; I should probably get my yarn out again and try something new and see if my stiff fingers will work like they used to.