Re: Decided to knit a few scarves

@I am still oxox   That is gorgeous! 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

Thank you 

@Laura14 wrote:

@I am still oxox   That is gorgeous! 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I just knit 6 slouch hats with cable in them for my grands..they loved them, I think. I have been knitting for years and make all kinds of items..sweaters, shawls, socks. Each of the 14 members of my family received handmade Christmas stockings with designs in them a few years ago. I love to knit.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, I used to knit and crochet almost everything from sweaters to pillows to purses to hundreds of afghans. Still have some of them. I found both knitting and crocheting very relaxing. A co-worker taught me the basics when I was in college. Then, I bought a couple "how-to" books and it became a real passion... until I developed carpal tunnel in both wrists in my late 40's. Did I get carpal tunnel because I typed for a living? or because I crocheted several hours a day? Hmmm.....

I love that multi-colored yarn, @I am still oxox.  Enjoy!  You're lucky to be able to make things that are beautiful.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox 

I know how to do both but not how to finish anything! lol

@ALRATIBAis a prolific knitter/crocheter and WAS supposed to be posting her latest work for us to eww and ahh over Woman Wink (nudge nudge)

Respected Contributor

Pretty yarn !

Aren’t yarn projects great winter projects ? 
I’m in sweater knitting mode, as of a couple days ago I Finished five sweaters, and am about to go get more yarn ! 🥰👍

Honored Contributor

I don't and I wish I could.  My mom and my Nana knit, crochet and embroidered.  My mom even mad baby dresses completely by hand.  They did try to teach me but I could never learn to do handwork.  It wasn't a lack of interest or a lack of trying, I just don't have what it takes.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Been busy preparing for and teaching knitting and crochet classes and catching up on charity knitting.   

--------------------------------

@Andreatoo wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@ALRATIBAis a prolific knitter/crocheter and WAS supposed to be posting her latest work for us to eww and ahh over Woman Wink (nudge nudge)

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

A few Summers ago at the town pool someone asked me it I know how to cast off on a garment,I did and we became good friend as a result of that

@Andreatoo wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox I love the color combo, I love variegated yarn. My Mom taught me how to knit when I was very young, I never became interested in it after that. I admire the skill and patience.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"